Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

early risers.. whats your secret? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have always wanted to wake up earlier (at 5am) to kick start my day.

How do people do it? I always tend to hit the snooze button on my alarm! :/

Ive read a lot about how successful people are the early risers and really want to do this, but i need advice on the best way to do it.

Please any advice will be useful! xx

ReputationRep:
    Not an answer to your question... But I've always wanted to be an early riser too. The days that I do rise early I feel so refreshed and productive.

The time that I'm posting this may be a clue as to why I hit snooze though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey:))

Ive read a lot about how successful people are the early risers and really want to do this, but i need advice on the best way to do it.

Hunger and making sure you get used to sunlight meaning being awake

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I was going to say something then I realised the time.

ReputationRep:
    don't go to bed late trol ol ol

damn autocorrect

ReputationRep:
    My friend sets his alarm to be the audio of a naughty video, if his mother hears it before he can wake up and turn it off it's game over. Subsequently his daily routine starts at 5.30am.

ReputationRep:
    Force yourself up and know you have no choice other than waking up at a set time otherwise you will rubbish about yourself for the rest of the day i.e. knowing you didn't get much as you wud like to hav done beacuse u didn't wake up on time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by light_bulb)
    my friend sets his alarm to be the audio of a naughty video, if his mother hears it before he can wake up and turn it off it's game over. Subsequently his daily routine starts at 5.30am.
    looooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    Drink water before you sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey:))

Discipline is the key.

ReputationRep:
    It's really quite simply...
    http://m.imgur.com/MAO1j

ReputationRep:
    I've always been good at getting up early. Things that make it easier for me are that I use my iPod alarm, which I leave charged on the other side of my room, so I have to get up to turn it off. I also immediately like to open my curtains (though not in Winter when it's still dark) and make my bed. I've never been able to stay up late regularly either (probably due to waking up early). I usually jump out of bed in the morning haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard that early risers are more successful. It's the other way around. Night owls are more intelligent and successful apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Discipline and determination. It's hard dragging yourself out of bed at 5 AM on a cold day, but if you have a goal in your mind and you have a good idea of what you want to achieve, it becomes easier to get out of bed and work. It's not for everyone, and some people work better late at night. But if you really want to get up early, sleep early! A late night and an early morning will just make you irritable and exhausted.

ReputationRep:
    In the army you learns iron control

from It Ain't half hot mum (watch it on youtube)

ReputationRep:
    It helps if you're consistently well rested. It's no use being one of those people who only averages 5 hours of sleep a night to then sleep in at the weekend - you need to get more consistency and go to bed early every night to make sure you get lots of sleep and are ready to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep cycle app.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.