Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have always wanted to wake up earlier (at 5am) to kick start my day.

How do people do it? I always tend to hit the snooze button on my alarm! :/

Ive read a lot about how successful people are the early risers and really want to do this, but i need advice on the best way to do it.

Please any advice will be useful! xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm an early riser.
    I don't have blinds on my windows so when the light comes through I wake up.
    Or go to sleep earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Sleep early

ReputationRep:
    First of all go to sleep early. The time depends in u
    If u think 7 hours sleep is enogh then set the time as it.

As I had the same problem like u I used this tricks-
    1. As u press snooze always then place ur clock far from ur bad. So that when the alarm shout u have to weak up and make sime step.
    It will crush ur sleep

2. Use ur phone for alarm. Then at the time alarm ring just try to watch the screen. The light will help to remove sleep from ur head.
    Or type some thing. U can send ur gf/mom good morning. It will make ur brain work.

3. When the alarm ring the let it ring some time before u snooze. Wait until u feel anoy.

The hardest thing for rising up earlier is to rise up head from bed. So cout 1...2...3 and KICK yourself from the bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alarm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey:))
    I have always wanted to wake up earlier (at 5am) to kick start my day.

How do people do it? I always tend to hit the snooze button on my alarm! :/

Ive read a lot about how successful people are the early risers and really want to do this, but i need advice on the best way to do it.

Please any advice will be useful! xx
    Different people need different amounts of sleep. Figure out what time you have to go to bed to get up at 5am and stick to it.

It will probably be necessary to force yourself to get up on time the first few days - you'll feel horrendous but that will only last half an hour tops. And by the time your designated bedtime comes around you will want to go to bed.

You will also need to adjust your mealtimes to line up better with sleeping early.

ReputationRep:
    not sleeping

ReputationRep:
    - Sleep earlier
    - Start your alarm at about 15mins before you wake up, and then after a few days move it 15mins further back, and so on until you hit 5am

ReputationRep:
    I've always been good at getting up early...

What I do is set 3 alarms, and my aim is to turn them off as quickly as possible so as to avoid waking anyone else in the family up!

This sounds weird, but I tell myself a few times the night before that is need to be up at XX:XX time and that has always seemed to worl!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Avoid alcohol.

Go to bed not too late.

Don't eat main meal after 6.

Exercise regularly.

Avoid bright screens for at least an hour before bed.

ReputationRep:
    Early to bed is the most fundamental one. Next is an alarm which is walking distance away. Then it's not getting back into bed under any circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Well, making sure you get to sleep nice and early is helpful. i.e. if you get to sleep at 2am a 5am start isn't going to be all that attractive, however if you were asleep by 10 then it will be much easier. It helps if your room is light when you wake up, so if you have a timed lamp that's great.

My only tactic - literally the only one - is just get up. Because I know it annoys me if I sleep in, because I just feel like I've wasted the day. So instead, I force myself to get up and get things done. I love going walking outside in the early morning, when hardly anybody else is around. Especially when it's either nice and warm in the summer, or frosty in the winter. Either is good. Anything between (particularly wet weather) is a bit depressing!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.