Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Is it acceptable to make a movie about assassinating David Cameron? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What would you think the general response would be?

ReputationRep:
    No, he is a glorious leader. Tories2k15.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine it would be a positive response.

ReputationRep:
    The likes of the Daily Mail will whinge about it giving the green flag to terrorists. But they whinge about everything.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If it was a comedy film then yes it would be perfectly acceptable. But that film will never happen because Cameron isn't a murderous maniacal dictator.

ReputationRep:
    It would be distasteful, since David Cameron isn't a mass murdering oppressor, like Kim Jong Un is.

But I'd still allow it.

A film about assassinating Kim Jong Un, on the other hand, should be celebrated, since he and his regime are responsible for the brutalisation, torture, oppression and democide of (literally) millions of innocent Korean men, women and children.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. But we'd have to British it up. Poison his tea. :borat: People would love that movie! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Yes. But we'd have to British it up. Poison his tea. :borat: People would love that movie! :ahee:
    No. Do something to his bicycle! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    No. Do something to his bicycle! :eek:
    Replace it with a boris bike.

ReputationRep:
    It would probably be just as acceptable by the majority of the population to do it for real...

ReputationRep:
    Replace it with a boris bike.

Will put chewing gum on the key slot so he won't have any access to it too

ReputationRep:
    Lmao omg

ReputationRep:
    James Bond would save him.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, he's not a great leader by any stretch but he's not evil either. You could possibly make it as a comedy but that's about it.

That said there's nothing illegal about doing it and people are and should obviously be free to make such a film if they wish, but the on the question of acceptability ... no not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    That said there's nothing illegal about doing it and people are and should obviously be free to make such a film if they wish, but the on the question of acceptability ... no not really.
    That's the important bit for me. No censorship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    It would be distasteful, since David Cameron isn't a mass murdering oppressor, like Kim Jong Un is.

But I'd still allow it.

A film about assassinating Kim Jong Un, on the other hand, should be celebrated, since he and his regime are responsible for the brutalisation, torture, oppression and democide of (literally) millions of innocent Korean men, women and children.
    OH THANK GOD! its ok everyone felamaslen would allow for this film to be made, phew, film makers can carry on making the movie, you're good to go! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Now I know all of you want a piece of "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" and "DO WHAT I WANT AS LONG AZ PPL NOT HURT (lol)" but these rights were given to you under the assumption that you are intelligent and mentally capable of making sound/creative decisions. It's not really your forefathers fault that most of you turned out with the thinking capacity as complex as a mouldy sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    If it was a comedy film then yes it would be perfectly acceptable. But that film will never happen because Cameron isn't a murderous maniacal dictator.
    Some believe that the Tories eat babies.

ReputationRep:
    No even though I don't like the guy. The movie about Kim Jong Un is pointless, it's only going to result in more suffering of the North Korean people.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.