Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepatel_1)
    Thank you. And how would I calculate the pay back period?
    you would add the projected net profit for each year up - (0 .1) + 0.2 + 1.0 + 2.0 + 4.0 which equals 3.1m million then you know then 1.9 mil is still required after four years and you know its going to occur somewhere in between the fourth and fifth year, so you divide the 1.9 mil by the 4.0 mil projected net profit from the fifth year which comes to 0.475 then you multiply it by 12 because there are 12 months in a year and that comes to 5.7! so in total would take 4 years and 5.7 months, hope i helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raypalmer)
    Someone please answer this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i will give you some ideas/framework.
    so by "aggressive growth" they mean gaining lots of market growth quickly.
    so you would want to talk about the benefits of selling harvey franchises and the negatives and how they will benefit SHL in the short and long run e.g how franchisees pay royalties which act as a steady flow of income compared to a negative e.g bad franchises give the whole store a bad name!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any ideas on how they could structure or answer this ..

"Evaluate which stakeholder group is likely to be the most influential in the achievement of SHL's 2016 objectives. "

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiddy123)
    you would add the projected net profit for each year up - (0 .1) + 0.2 + 1.0 + 2.0 + 4.0 which equals 3.1m million then you know then 1.9 mil is still required after four years and you know its going to occur somewhere in between the fourth and fifth year, so you divide the 1.9 mil by the 4.0 mil projected net profit from the fifth year which comes to 0.475 then you multiply it by 12 because there are 12 months in a year and that comes to 5.7! so in total would take 4 years and 5.7 months, hope i helped!
    Do you not have to say though that they would only own 25% of the business and would therefore take longer to pay SHL back?

ReputationRep:
    What are the ethical considerations when manufacturing offshore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well as you should know, the countries SHL make their clothes in are far eastern producers like china and bangladesh and these countries are most known for poor working conditions, and child labour, SHL will want to be careful as this as it can affect product quality as well as the publicity it gives SHL.
    just imagine if a respected high quality firm was publicised as promoting child labour e.t.c sales may decrease!

ReputationRep:
    dont forget level4
    i will give you some ideas/framework.
    so by "aggressive growth" they mean gaining lots of market growth quickly.
    so you would want to talk about the benefits of selling harvey franchises and the negatives and how they will benefit SHL in the short and long run e.g how franchisees pay royalties which act as a steady flow of income compared to a negative e.g bad franchises give the whole store a bad name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephrudd97)
    Do you not have to say though that they would only own 25% of the business and would therefore take longer to pay SHL back?
    who do you mean by they? its SHL's owners buying a stake.

ReputationRep:
    SHL also dont want the manufacturing companies to be making fake goods and selling them in the black market. Another reason why they should invest in UK manufacturers as much as possible.
    well as you should know, the countries SHL make their clothes in are far eastern producers like china and bangladesh and these countries are most known for poor working conditions, and child labour, SHL will want to be careful as this as it can affect product quality as well as the publicity it gives SHL.
    just imagine if a respected high quality firm was publicised as promoting child labour e.t.c sales may decrease!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshfogg)
    SHL also dont want the manufacturing companies to be making fake goods and selling them in the black market. Another reason why they should invest in UK manufacturers as much as possible.
    Yup, but don't mistake that for an ethical consideration!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akashpatel02)
    considering nobody has asked this question yet, could we put some thoughts together on this one?

USING THE DATA IN APPENDIX 2, DISCUSS HOW CHANGES IN THE DEMOGRAPHIC STRUCTURE OF THE UK MIGHT AFFECT SHL'S FUTURE PROFITABILITY (18 MARKS)

You would need to argue the current situation. .. but it does not tell us thr changes in life styles over the few years.

Young people may be unemployed? If so it will have an effect on the mardidi... as said to be 25% unemployed

Also if older people are changing lifestyle they could use the Harvey direct to shop online. Increase awareness.

As a result if shl can stock the right products then they could more easily reach their objectives of getting Harvey direct to 40% of sales by 2016...

Something along the lines of that.
    Hope this is helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    who do you mean by they? its SHL's owners buying a stake.
    Yeh, So SHL are purchasing a 25% stake in mardidi. So the net profit figures are for the whole 100% of the business. So when working out the payback period, they wouldn't be paid back for a much longer amount of time than what is given in Table 2. They wouldn't get paid back in 4 years 5.7 months because SHL only receive 1/4 of the profits.

ReputationRep:
    How can I incorporate ROCE figures into the mardidi question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AHH i see, very analytical my man, this is one of the flaws in the case study it does not specify! it doesnt say three things, these are:
    does the 25% stake allow SHL to sell the brand in the UK?
    is SHL buying 25% and mean that its only the shareholders that benefit from dividends as well as the increases in share prices etc.
    and THREE) your question.
    i would personally assume table 2 to show how much SHL will Get as paying 5 million for something that will take 4.6 months to pay off seems more likely than 13.8 months... anyone help us out?

ReputationRep:
    How can I incorporate ROCE figures into the mardidi question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you can talk me through calculating the ARR of mardidi i will!

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys structure your 18 mark essays and 23 markers?

ReputationRep:
    if you can talk me through calculating the ARR of mardidi i will!
    Check page 11 i posted it there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Check page 11 i posted it there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i see, thats your side of the deal done haha, well the ARR for mardidi is 8.4%, compare this to the ROCE of SHL of 38.4 percent and its clear to see that the return of mardidi is alot poorer and kinda suggests that the money would be better invested in SHL e.g in foreign marketing to try and secure the export objectives or in internet marketing to meet the 40% objective for Harveydirect
    this is especially important as all of tims info on maridi is from a us source and it appears he has done no first person research and therefore its probably super unreliable!

ReputationRep:
    i see, thats your side of the deal done haha, well the ARR for mardidi is 8.4%, compare this to the ROCE of SHL of 38.4 percent and its clear to see that the return of mardidi is alot poorer and kinda suggests that the money would be better invested in SHL e.g in foreign marketing to try and secure the export objectives or in internet marketing to meet the 40% objective for Harveydirect
    this is especially important as all of tims info on maridi is from a us source and it appears he has done no first person research and therefore its probably super unreliable!
    Haha cheers, what about shareholder ratios, what can i say about them, all i can think of is the greater the percentage the greater the returns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshfogg)
    dont forget level4
    What needs to be added to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.