Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed Mr Big Balls)
    Doing the exam tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has an idea on what one of the decision tree questions look like? I know how to illustrate one, but not sure on how they'll ask the question
    The simple answer is; you don't need to know them. Its CPA this year, not decision trees or time series analysis.

ReputationRep:
    How can SHL improve efficiency?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raypalmer)
    For the mardidi question do u have to conclude with a yes or no? Im sure there are other ways

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes its likely it will come up as either an 18 marker or 23 marker, so you need to make a distinct conclusion at the end, you can't sit on the fence! talk about what stakeholders benefit in the short term and long term, and which stakeholders are disadvantages in the short and long term, then link back to their objective of diversifying!

ReputationRep:
    Last question before I generally lose my mind and I can't find anwsers anywhere..

Can someone briefly help with potential questions for stakeholders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinsandman)
    I understand this but say the calculation question was not CPA but to work out payback period and ARR, what would be best advised to use? Or would exam board realise this is unclear and award for both assumptions.
    they won't ask you to work it out, and if they do, they will give you the required information in order to do so! they haven't made it clear so its incredibly unlikely they'll ask it anyways!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passc1c4)
    yes its likely it will come up as either an 18 marker or 23 marker, so you need to make a distinct conclusion at the end, you can't sit on the fence! talk about what stakeholders benefit in the short term and long term, and which stakeholders are disadvantages in the short and long term, then link back to their objective of diversifying!
    Cheers! Could u give me a conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck g

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck my G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed Mr Big Balls)
    Good luck my G
    Looool my g, good luck to u,let me kno how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! Could u give me a conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't answered this question in an essay style, but....

id recommend that SHL do not invest in the mardidi brand and instead invest in establishing their own sub brand, as its clear that they already have a successful business model, so with the recruitment of a new marketing and design team targeting only the teenage market, SHL could become a force to be reckoned with in the teenage fashion market.

Then go on to talk about how shareholders in the short term may be disadvantaged with reduced dividends as SHL may have to retain profits as well as borrowing the remaining capital in order to finance this new sub brand. In the long term the shareholders will be benefited by an increase in dividends if the sub brand proves to be a success.
    However, SHL must remember to not end up taking their eyes off of Harvey and focusing their energy and efforts solely on the new sub brand, as this may allow competitors such as Sierra Brook to take advantage and surpass SHL's Harvey brand in competitiveness, which in turn may lead to the failure of both Harvey and the new sub brand, so in order to prevent this, Tim should deal with the new sub brand and Ian should oversee the progress of Harvey in order that they both become and remain successful competitors in the fashions industry!

ReputationRep:

id recommend that SHL do not invest in the mardidi brand and instead invest in establishing their own sub brand, as its clear that they already have a successful business model, so with the recruitment of a new marketing and design team targeting only the teenage market, SHL could become a force to be reckoned with in the teenage fashion market.

Then go on to talk about how shareholders in the short term may be disadvantaged with reduced dividends as SHL may have to retain profits as well as borrowing the remaining capital in order to finance this new sub brand. In the long term the shareholders will be benefited by an increase in dividends if the sub brand proves to be a success.
    However, SHL must remember to not end up taking their eyes off of Harvey and focusing their energy and efforts solely on the new sub brand, as this may allow competitors such as Sierra Brook to take advantage and surpass SHL's Harvey brand in competitiveness, which in turn may lead to the failure of both Harvey and the new sub brand, so in order to prevent this, Tim should deal with the new sub brand and Ian should oversee the progress of Harvey in order that they both become and remain successful competitors in the fashions industry!
    Great answer, cheers!

ReputationRep:

Brilliant, thank you, and good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    whats the average mark needed to get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missti)
    whats the average mark needed to get an A
    52/90 id say

ReputationRep:
    Lets rock this exam guys and hopefully we will be saying positive things about it in here afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Lets rock this exam guys and hopefully we will be saying positive things about it in here afterwards!
    Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    So how did people find that? I found it went really well especially questions 2 and 3. But rushed on the 23 marker but for that and the stakeholders one I included loads of figures so I definitely would have got over half marks on each one so hopefully should have secured a minimum of 52/90. Enjoyed the critical path analysis aswell lol did people get 2 37 and 37 for the total floats?

ReputationRep:
    So how did people find that? I found it went really well especially questions 2 and 3. But rushed on the 23 marker but for that and the stakeholders one I included loads of figures so I definitely would have got over half marks on each one so hopefully should have secured a minimum of 52/90. Enjoyed the critical path analysis aswell lol did people get 2 37 and 37 for the total floats?
    Yes I got that for floats do we get marked on the critical path numbers as well cause I think I did that wrong; I was unsure of a few LFTs. I'm hoping we just get marked on the float!

ReputationRep:
    I got the same for the floats, did you get 79 at the end???

I thought that the stakeholder one concerning 'acceptable reward' was iffy..

What did you talk about?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe the CPA changed! Was the critical path the same? Was it just the float times which changed??

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.