ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepatel_1)
    Yeah sure..
    Each node there are two quadrants
    1- the upper one is the EST - earliest start time
    2- the lower one is the LFT - latest finish time

To work out EST:
    Put a zero in the upper right had part of node 1
    Then add the duration time of the activity to the EST of this activity to give the EST of the next activity

To work out LFT:
    You work backwards
    Give the last node of the project an LFT equal to its EST which is 110
    Then working backwards from right to left.. subtract the duration of thr activity from the LFT of the node

Hope this helps. Sorry if I've confused you but it's easier if you read or illustrate from a diagram. If you would like a diagram then do PM
    Thanks that really helped! It's total float and free float I really don't know how to work out as well my teacher got the workings mixed up so now I'm baffled as to which working is for which one and I don't seem to have the same answers as other people on here do so I think I may have worked them out wrong so could you explain that also?
    Thanks😋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael97112)
    Thanks that really helped! It's total float and free float I really don't know how to work out as well my teacher got the workings mixed up so now I'm baffled as to which working is for which one and I don't seem to have the same answers as other people on here do so I think I may have worked them out wrong so could you explain that also?
    Thanks😋
    Total float is worked out by
    Latest finish time LFT - Duration - Earliest start time EST (of an individual activity)

Well total float is as below....
    A - 0
    B - 0
    C - 1
    D - 0
    E - 0
    F - 0
    G - 68
    H - 0
    J - 68
    K - 0
    L - 0

If you'd like I can show you the diagram which could possibly answer where you might have gone wrong.. or you could show the answers you have come up with and find out where you have gone wrong

ReputationRep:
    Latest finish time LFT - Duration - Earliest start time EST (of an individual activity)

A - 0
    B - 0
    C - 1
    D - 0
    E - 0
    F - 0
    G - 68
    H - 0
    J - 68
    K - 0
    L - 0

If you'd like I can pm you the diagram which could possibly answer where you might have gone wrong.. or you could show the answers you have come up with and find out where you have gone wrong
    Thanks! And free float is all 0 right? That's what I got so did you get that too? How do you tell if something is on the critical path/ which letters are critical path jobs also? My teacher just said its all the top row of letters on a diagram, But I'm sure when I read up my notes it said different.

ReputationRep:

A - 0
    B - 0
    C - 1
    D - 0
    E - 0
    F - 0
    G - 68
    H - 0
    J - 68
    K - 0
    L - 0

If you'd like I can pm you the diagram which could possibly answer where you might have gone wrong.. or you could show the answers you have come up with and find out where you have gone wrong
    Thank you!!!! Best of luck to you in the exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raypalmer)
    how comes you suggested discounting?. Figure 4 shows that discounting only increased revenue for the polo shirt, it decreased revenue for the other 5 items..
    so surley discounting aint the best idea for shl?
    I have to disagree with you here. The revenue for the other 5 items never decreased since if they weren't discounted, they would never have sold in the first place. As the old saying goes- "10% of something is better than 100% of nothing".

If by any chance you are thinking that since the green polo's price decreased by 50% and subsequently lead to double the sales, thinking this trend will follow for the other 5 items, is going to mislead you. Just because the others also decreased by 50% or more but didn't sell as much, only suggests that it its not as elastic to a change in price compared to the green polo, not that it decreased revenue.

The point is that the still sold when they wouldn't have at full price.

Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Need2Succeed_KH)
    I have to disagree with you here. The revenue for the other 5 items never decreased since if they weren't discounted, they would never have sold in the first place. As the old saying goes- "10% of something is better than 100% of nothing".

If by any chance you are thinking that since the green polo's price decreased by 50% and subsequently lead to double the sales, thinking this trend will follow for the other 5 items, is going to mislead you. Just because the others also decreased by 50% or more but didn't sell as much, only suggests that it its not as elastic to a change in price compared to the green polo, not that it decreased revenue.

The point is that the still sold when they wouldn't have at full price.

Hope this helped
    I understand, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer this question
    Should SHL pursue aggressive aggressive growth through the sale of Harvey franchises? Justify your answer

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the payback period for the investment into Madridi? I seen someone write 17 years whilst another person has 4 years, which is correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachael97112)
    Does anybody know the payback period for the investment into Madridi? I seen someone write 17 years whilst another person has 4 years, which is correct?
    4 years 6 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anish.s97)
    4 years 6 months
    I'm sure it could be argued that it isn't very clear..

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it could be argued that it isn't very clear..
    Thanks, I worked it out as that also in the end! Yes it could my teacher only gave us the figure for creditor pay back period I never even realised I'd need a one for mardidi until writing essay plans and realise I'd never worked one out, no time like the present.

ReputationRep:
    When u talk about investment appraisal for the investment in mardidi, can u talk about the negatives of using investment appraisal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When u talk about investment appraisal for the investment in mardidi, can u talk about the negatives of using investment appraisal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Possibly because that is hitting evaluation marks
    Say a positive then evaluate it with a negative...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you could make stronger points, such as how they are receiving better investment internally at SHL using some of the shareholder ratios available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrundaloO)
    I think you could make stronger points, such as how they are receiving better investment internally at SHL using some of the shareholder ratios available.
    Could u give me an example please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how you would answer a question on exchange rates?/what points would you put?

ReputationRep:
    What points would you include in the question evaluating the critical path?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.