Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Every day mobility? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm really inflexible after taking time out for an injury, especially my hips, pecs (probably p.minor more than p.major) and ankles (although I need to be careful as I still can't load my left foot 100%).

I've got bands, lacrosse balls and a foam roller at my disposal. I'll be following the mobilityWoD eventually but what can I do to 'catch up' so to speak. I've got almost two weeks til I'll be back in the gym and would like to be able to squat without being a tight as ****. Got **** all to do at home so can devote about an hour a day for mobility.

Edit: I'm looking for more of a routine I can follow, obviously I'll be foam rolling everything and using the lacrosse balls for trigger points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    For hips I recommend having a look at frog, lizard and butterfly yoga positions. Do 2 mins a leg in each position and increase the burn periodically (I do every 15 -20 secs... then go all out for the last 10 secs..)

I also sit with my legs pointing out at 45 degrees to one another and reach for my toes as far as I can for 2 mins each side

For glutes I do pigeon pose and seated glute stretch for 2 mins again each side, increasing the burn.

Then shoulder pullaparts and dislocates

Hope this helps mate

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.