Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Are there free single dorms with private bathroom and private kitchen that is close to the campus. I will study mechanical engineering, so I really need a dorm that is close to the engineering school. If there aren't any available, then a dorm close To he campus is fine

    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

    If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

    If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

    Check out this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2091577

    The closest halls to the engineering campus are Wright Robinson and Weston Hall. The former is shared bathroom and kitchen and the latter private bathroom shared kitchen. The closest hall to the main campus is Whitworth Park, again this is shared bathroom and kitchen,about 25 minutes walk or you can get the free bus which takes around 10. Shared facilities are pretty much standard in the halls at Manchester, it's only usually between 8, so is perfectly manageable and a good way to get to know people. They are also cleaned at least twice weekly by cleaners

    If you really want a private bathroom and kitchen in a kinda studio format you should probably have a look at private halls, although these are pretty expensive and I've actually found that in some cases you can get your own flat for not much more! If it's your first year I'd recommend putting up with shared facilities so you can at least make friends in your halls, there's a lot more info in the thread above.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.