Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Tell us about some of the dreams you have had? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by молодой гений)
    It happens, don't beat yourself up about it. Are you at university now?
    I am, but I was so close and A*AA looks sooooo pretty

It makes me more annoyed that I really had and still have no idea what went wrong in that exam, I really felt it was alright but I even had the script re-marked and I still got an E so it's just confusing and generally confusion is not a state I enjoy being in for long -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I am, but I was so close and A*AA looks sooooo pretty

It makes me more annoyed that I really had and still have no idea what went wrong in that exam, I really felt it was alright but I even had the script re-marked and I still got an E so it's just confusing and generally confusion is not a state I enjoy being in for long -_-
    Is it too late to get your paper back? We had a guy in our AS English class who was on track to get full UMS etc., then he got an E in one of the modules (the A in the coursework balanced it out a little but everyone was shocked). It got remarked but nothing happened. I think they requested the paper and tried to appeal against the marking but got nowhere. Idk... my point is, maybe that would help you feel more confident/sure about what actually happened?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I've had a lot of vivid dreams. I'll just run through the most significant one.

When I finished Year 10 I was madly in love with this girl. Over the summer I tried to get rid of my feelings for her and was pretty determined to do so. In the dream I was flirting with a different girl and she found out. In real life she wouldn't have but in the dream she started becoming angry, telling me how she thought I cared and stuff like that. Thing is, I never told her how I felt about her, I still haven't. Anyway, she began to walk away and I grabbed her by the arm and stopped her. I touched her face, told her that I always loved her and I always cared about her. We both started crying and I hugged her. That was the first time I'd experienced happy tears and it was all in a dream. So yeah.. that kind of killed my determination to try and block her out from my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by молодой гений)
    Is it too late to get your paper back? We had a guy in our AS English class who was on track to get full UMS etc., then he got an E in one of the modules (the A in the coursework balanced it out a little but everyone was shocked). It got remarked but nothing happened. I think they requested the paper and tried to appeal against the marking but got nowhere. Idk... my point is, maybe that would help you feel more confident/sure about what actually happened?
    Even if I could I'm not even sure I'de know what was wrong as I don't remember the syllabus and the final part of the economics A-level is strange as there's a case study that comes with and the syllabus is based on that but they don't publish it until after the exam so it involves some guess-work on the teacher's behalf. I've just gotta deal with it and I'de rather that other guy was not in my position and that he gets the grades he deserves and should get.

I appreciate your concern and trying to help though so thank you for that

ReputationRep:
    My favourite dreams have been

i) A dream where my high school English tutor wrapped me up in her arms and flew me out of an exploding library Superwoman-style, the bombs planted by my ex who had joined a terrorist organisation (I have taken this to be indicative of mommy issues)

ii) A dream where I was a human tennis ball, and was hit from continent to continent but felt no pain

ReputationRep:
    I keep a dream diary so have a record of about ~50 dreams. It's really interesting.

I had a particularly vivid and memorable one the other night where I wanted to join a society at university, but to initiate I had to have my tongue chopped off with a sword. I didn't feel pain in the dream, but I was panicking loads and had to be restrained. Afterwards, it felt really realistic inside my mouth. I tried to speak to people but my speech was really distorted. I was worried about not being able to taste food ever again, or kiss anyone.

Weird dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummm)
    I keep a dream diary so have a record of about ~50 dreams. It's really interesting.

I had a particularly vivid and memorable one the other night where I wanted to join a society at university, but to initiate I had to have my tongue chopped off with a sword. I didn't feel pain in the dream, but I was panicking loads and had to be restrained. Afterwards, it felt really realistic inside my mouth. I tried to speak to people but my speech was really distorted. I was worried about not being able to taste food ever again, or kiss anyone.

Weird dream.
    Wow that's really weird.

That you keep a dream diary. Didn't know it was a thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummm)

Weird dream.
    Trying to start lucid dreams?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask as well, when you guys dream and there are other people in the dream, do you ever see their faces? Or are they like black and white outlines / smudges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeepYourChinUp)
    I wanted to ask as well, when you guys dream and there are other people in the dream, do you ever see their faces? Or are they like black and white outlines / smudges?
    Definitely see their faces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An0maly)
    Trying to start lucid dreams?
    Not really. I just find dreams interesting. I went through a phase of trying to lucid dream a couple of years ago and had a couple... doesn't happen very regularly at all though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Definitely see their faces
    So when you have dreams and there are random people in them, those random people have distinguishable faces / features? Sometimes when I dream of people I know I still don't really see their face, I just know it's them and all I see is a black outline with some black and white smudges.

Although my environment looks normal and usually in colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeepYourChinUp)
    So when you have dreams and there are random people in them, those random people have distinguishable faces / features? Sometimes when I dream of people I know I still don't really see their face, I just know it's them and all I see is a black outline with some black and white smudges.

Although my environment looks normal and usually in colour.
    People's faces in dreams are not any different from any other object in a dream such a door or a table for me at least.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This wasn't recent, this was some time when I was a kid. Somewhere between 4 and 6 I think.

I was riding a bike fairly fast through the woods along an overgrown path. I keep riding and end up getting out of the trees and in this open area in the hills. I kept riding and fell down this gorge, but I kept falling and never hit the bottom. As I fell I gradually woke up (it wasn't suddenly waking up as you might expect with a nightmare).

It might have something to do with the fact that I never learnt how to ride a bike as a kid.

ReputationRep:
    i dreamt that i had to eat a 7 pound marshmallow.

when i woke up my pillow had disappeared :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    In my dream last night, I married my colleague from work. Sounds okay, although she's a 55 year old married woman and it would be a bit unfair on her husband!

ReputationRep:
    I keep dreaming that I'm 5 days away from the due date of my most recent two essays (both now in); annoyingly this results in me feeling stressed in the morning until I remember that I feel that way because of the dream (bit odd I know).

ReputationRep:
    Frequent reoccurring dreams about losing teeth.

Apparently its stress related according to Dr Google.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Anyone else get dreams where every single car in your dream is trying to run you over?

Frikin annoying
    I've had dreams where I'm lying in the gutter at the side of the road, unable to move, and cars keep driving by, missing me by inches. The cars aren't exactly trying to run me over, but they don't seem to notice me, and I'm still in danger of being run over by accident. I hate those dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i dreamt that i had to eat a 7 pound marshmallow.

when i woke up my pillow had disappeared :dontknow:
    I hate it when that happens.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.