Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Tell us about some of the dreams you have had? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Damn, I've had a lot of vivid dreams. I'll just run through the most significant one.

When I finished Year 10 I was madly in love with this girl. Over the summer I tried to get rid of my feelings for her and was pretty determined to do so. In the dream I was flirting with a different girl and she found out. In real life she wouldn't have but in the dream she started becoming angry, telling me how she thought I cared and stuff like that. Thing is, I never told her how I felt about her, I still haven't. Anyway, she began to walk away and I grabbed her by the arm and stopped her. I touched her face, told her that I always loved her and I always cared about her. We both started crying and I hugged her. That was the first time I'd experienced happy tears and it was all in a dream. So yeah.. that kind of killed my determination to try and block her out from my life.
    You ought to get to know her better.

ReputationRep:
    I dreamed that I was marrying (and married) one of my friends. The thing is I don't love them in that way and all throught the dream I was thinking about the person I actually like. Even in my dream I was finding it hard to pretend to love the other person. A sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    I dreamed that I was marrying (and married) one of my friends. The thing is I don't love them in that way and all throught the dream I was thinking about the person I actually like. Even in my dream I was finding it hard to pretend to love the other person. A sign?
    Maybe subconsciously you do love them that way and you're just fooling yourself

I have no idea though, I don't really think its worthwhile trying to extract meaning from dreams since they can be pretty random and pretty weird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Maybe subconsciously you do love them that way and you're just fooling yourself

I have no idea though, I don't really think its worthwhile trying to extract meaning from dreams since they can be pretty random and pretty weird...
    I assure you, I don't love the person I married in that way, I do however have a crush on the other person

ReputationRep:
    I once had a dream I was Justin Bieber...no idea what the psychology behind that one is!:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    You ought to get to know her better.
    Too late for that now, I doubt I'll even see her again.

ReputationRep:
    dreamt that 2 of my old mates started taking heroin. was weird. felt crazy real.

ReputationRep:
    couple weeks ago i had a sex dream about a friend from uni, it was just plain weird as i am not remotely into him.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream, years ago, it stuck in my mind so long.

I am the eldest child in real life and in this dream I walking along my road from the bus stop after coming home from school. I see this older guy, he looks like me, but is taller and with a better hair cut (in the dream of course ) and it strikes me how much like me he is. So I watch him, as he walks into my drive, surprised that he really is connected to me in some way and I follow him inside.

My parents declare to me that I have an older brother and I am seriously annoyed by this and they explain that he was kicked out of the house at age 18 for failing his A levels and I feel reassured that I am still the successful son. Then, it emerges that he went from living on the streets with nothing, to becoming a self-made millionaire in his early twenties, no contacts, no startup capital, completely self-made man.

I wake up and that whole day, I am thinking about this dream, what did it mean and why did I have it? In the evening I tell this to my mum and she laughs so much at me.

ReputationRep:
    I had 2 REALLY weird yet interesting dreams.

1) I was with all my classmates from my college course, a friend on a different course and my parents standing in a room that was made out of wood. There was a massive slanted window on one wall.

When we looked out, it was at sea or a coast somewhere but there was this INSANELY HUGE Hurricane no more than 100m away. All this debri was flying everywhere outside and water from the sea was splashing up yet we were all very calm, just watching it continue. We seemed to stand in this kind of stance that was calm and collected but our fists were clenched as though we were expecting a fight of some kind.

The next minute, the hurricane clears. It just kind of rises up into the sky, all the clouds dissapear and the sky is blue and the sun is shining.

We are still in the room but as we look we are on this kind of dock/ pier. Then these posters as tall as the average office building magically appear on the end of each dock featuring one of us striking a pose and our names like signatures at the bottom.

2) Again, with my college class mates. We were on the promenade next to a gorgeous sandy beach and clear, blue sea (the kind you'd expect to see in Australia or the Bahamas). We walked onto the beach but there were thousands of dead tropical fish lying around, all different species too. I picked one up and it started to wriggle so I threw it back into the sea. All the fish started to wriggle their way back to sea.

One of the boys then pointed out there was a shipwreck (literally like a pirate ship) and that we should check it out. Then one of our main tutors randomly appeared and said 'No its going to rain soon so we better get inside somewhere' but the sky was blue except for a tiny cloud above the shipwreck with lighting flashing in it.

We then turned around and walked inside another shipwreck which ended up to be a modern classroom where we got a violent telling off from a random woman I have never seen before, exclaiming none of us met a deadline on our assignment and she was extremely dissapointed in all of us because she gave us "36 hours to do it" and we failed". She then started screaming at me, picked me up with her bare hands and chucked me into a dark abyss. That was it.

So two totally random, senseless and strange dreams but amusing to recall and tell of all the same.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My non-blood related cousin said I look like Diana
    What's the meaning? Does the dream try to say anything that he is feeling?

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream where i had a pet bear and we hunted together... My mind is odd

ReputationRep:
    I dream of becoming a dancer on Broadway!

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt that my school turned into a Lord of the Rings battle scene..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triplet3)
    I once had a dream I was Justin Bieber...no idea what the psychology behind that one is!:giggle:

I had a dream where I pretended to be Jon Bon Jovi once :giggle: I didn't pass off but it was fun, but ****ing weird :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemetraK)
    I dream of becoming a dancer on Broadway!

I dream of being an actor/singer on Broadway lol but that would probably never happen :sad: :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediageek123)
    I had 2 REALLY weird yet interesting dreams.

1) I was with all my classmates from my college course, a friend on a different course and my parents standing in a room that was made out of wood. There was a massive slanted window on one wall.

When we looked out, it was at sea or a coast somewhere but there was this INSANELY HUGE Hurricane no more than 100m away. All this debri was flying everywhere outside and water from the sea was splashing up yet we were all very calm, just watching it continue. We seemed to stand in this kind of stance that was calm and collected but our fists were clenched as though we were expecting a fight of some kind.

The next minute, the hurricane clears. It just kind of rises up into the sky, all the clouds dissapear and the sky is blue and the sun is shining.

We are still in the room but as we look we are on this kind of dock/ pier. Then these posters as tall as the average office building magically appear on the end of each dock featuring one of us striking a pose and our names like signatures at the bottom.

2) Again, with my college class mates. We were on the promenade next to a gorgeous sandy beach and clear, blue sea (the kind you'd expect to see in Australia or the Bahamas). We walked onto the beach but there were thousands of dead tropical fish lying around, all different species too. I picked one up and it started to wriggle so I threw it back into the sea. All the fish started to wriggle their way back to sea.

One of the boys then pointed out there was a shipwreck (literally like a pirate ship) and that we should check it out. Then one of our main tutors randomly appeared and said 'No its going to rain soon so we better get inside somewhere' but the sky was blue except for a tiny cloud above the shipwreck with lighting flashing in it.

We then turned around and walked inside another shipwreck which ended up to be a modern classroom where we got a violent telling off from a random woman I have never seen before, exclaiming none of us met a deadline on our assignment and she was extremely dissapointed in all of us because she gave us "36 hours to do it" and we failed". She then started screaming at me, picked me up with her bare hands and chucked me into a dark abyss. That was it.

So two totally random, senseless and strange dreams but amusing to recall and tell of all the same.
    Haha wow XD Lol! :')

ReputationRep:
    Some recent ones

1) I was in class with Tom Cruise, and all the girls had to pick guys to leave with for whatever reason. Nobody picked me or Tom Cruise

2) It was 2010 and I was walking home from school with some friends. But then I realised, one of my friends there was a UNI FRIEND, so in 2010 I didn't even know he existed. Then I became self-aware in the dream and called him out on it. Said stuff like "how is it 2010 when it's meant to be 2014???" It turned into a lucid dream I think. Then I got attacked by a deadly snake in someone's bedroom, felt the sting and then woke up before I died

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of weird dreams but two distinct ones are:

1. I had this dream where basically a tennis ball tsunami swamped the world (Earth wasn't like our real world is now, it was much smaller and more advanced) but everything that a tennis ball touched disintegrated so everyone fled helplessly. Basically, me and my best friend from secondary school flew a helicopter together and flew higher than this tidal wave of balls and landed on this random gigantic white slope, but we fell out the helicopter door and down the slope to these tennis balls which were bouncing up and up the slope, so we ended up running and running up the slope back to the helicopter and we just made it back inside and flew away. A ball just missed us and we flew higher than the wave's peak, so it all crashed down below us and destroyed everything to black rubble. And then we just flew over the world wondering how to restore the world again, but then I woke up.

2. I had this other dream where me and my family and friends were trapped in a building and I had to run around every corridor of this skyscraper that we were in without setting more than 3 alarms off. Basically, there were little gadget things on every wall of every corridor, (idk how many were on each wall but there was usually more than four and less than eight). They were black and round and had a little light in the middle which could change from red to green. If I walked past one when it was on green then it was all clear but if I timed it wrong and passed one when it was on red then it would sound a horribly loud and high pitched alarm off, the worst alarm sound you could ever imagine! If I set three of those alarms off, then the building would blow up. So basically it was all in the skill of timing things. But it was like a race as well, against time, because I had to get around the whole building in a certain time back to the main room again. I did it setting two alarms off but when I got back to the room, a random alarm appeared on the wall right next to me and turned red and cheated me- so a third alarm went off. But because it was at the end, the building didn't blow up- the foundations of the building shifted and slanted suddenly and the Earth's surface in that area just became a giant steep slope! Then the building somehow started skidding down this slope towards the sea, so I got everyone out of the building safely and we all looked up at the front of the building terrified, but then the building suddenly stopped and stayed right where it was- a few meters away from us, and we all cheered. And then the evil guy who was this big voice in the building that had held everyone hostage and given me the challenge died and we named the building the Leaning Skyscraper.

Yeah I have no idea wtf the meaning was behind anything but there you go.

Sorry if there's any typos, I typed this quickly lol.

ReputationRep:
    I do not remember what I dreamed of yesterday; the day before I dreamed someone was breaking into my house; they were applying a lot of force to the door and the lock was slightly off the hatch, and as I approached it to shut it I feared for my life.

I did not know it was a dream, it fealt very real indeed. I like to think, in such an event, I would handle it much calmer.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.