Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I sleep with my brother he is 6. Every single day he screams and my mother comes into my room and takes him. It's like he has a bad dream, and wakes up screaming. He has been doing this for 5 years ever since has one. It started off with him developing a fear for spiders, me and my brother would sometimes talk about spiders and stuff...my mom ever since has told us to stop talking about Spiders so we have. Yet he still screams sometimes when he explains his dream it's a stupid dream about my mom turning into a monster or some mexican gta pedestrian chasing him
    Anyody got any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So every time he screams, he gets your mother's attention and taken into her room. Sadly, that has reinforced his behaviour.

The starting point for fixing this is a visit to the GP to get them to prescribe behavioural therapy in some form, partly to get to your brother's real underlying problem and party to tell you mother how to change her behaviour to help wean you brother off his.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply i'll consider this!
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When I read the thread title my first thought was nightmares or night terrors. My 7 year old son still has night terrors at least once a fortnight.

But on reading the thread yeah I agree with Simes it does sound as though it's partially because he wants to go and sleep with your mum.

ReputationRep:
    A quick remedy would be for your mum to dress as a spider the next time he screams to be collected.

That should resolve the issue....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    A quick remedy would be for your mum to dress as a spider the next time he screams to be collected.

That should resolve the issue....
    .... after 20 or 30 years of therapy!

(Made me lol, though!)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.