Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

The Queen should shut up on Christmas Day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't care what she has to say. All she does is read of a script which she probably didn't even make up. It sounds so so forced and so so boring.I respect Charles more and I really hope he becomes king.

She makes these silly broadcasting messages annually which makes me so annoyed. I didn't watch it but the bbc news keeps on talking about it. Is her message supposed to make an impact? My **** can make more of an impact than her speech srs.

Lmfao she also talked about her christianity faith...she didn't talk about that when they allowed gay marriage since I'm pretty sure that goes against her faith right? I don't know who's worse, the pope or the queen...

Anyways, what do y'all think?

Queens message yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    Forgot it existed so, naturally, didn't see it.

ReputationRep:
    She was looking sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    She was looking sexy.
    That's nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    The only member of the Royal Family I like is Prince Harry. The rest of them have the character of a bollard.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm the only person on this forum that actually likes the Queen and Royal Family.

Hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Think I'm the only person on this forum that actually likes the Queen and Royal Family.

Hmm
    What do you like about the queen?

I can tolerate harry will and kate

ReputationRep:
    I don't see whats so great about the Queen.

ReputationRep:
    I told you to be more sweet and less bitter remember?

But man.. this made me laugh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)

Hmm
    There are at least two of us Adam

:king1::adore:

ReputationRep:
    She does a lot for this country, I have a lot of respect for her & all the royals.

ReputationRep:
    Turn the channel over then.

gstq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    I told you to be more sweet and less bitter remember?

But man.. this made me laugh :rofl:
    Too hard
    Too many things pisses me off

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Turn the channel over then.

gstq
    It shouldn't even be on the telly for me to change it in the first place little.
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    She does a lot for this country, I have a lot of respect for her & all the royals.
    Oh please she just inherited the queen status...we can survive with out her or the stupid monarchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Too hard
    Too many things pisses me off

It shouldn't even be on the telly for me to change it in the first place little.

Oh please she just inherited the queen status...we can survive with out her or the stupid monarchy
    Why though? Are you short tempered? Are you one of those people that someone can annoy really easily?

Don't mean to be nosey.. just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    Why though? Are you short tempered? Are you one of those people that someone can annoy really easily?

Don't mean to be nosey.. just curious.
    Just a low tolerance to bull****. So yes and yes.

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is a religious festival. The queen is the head of the church of England. Therefore it makes sense that she should give a speech on Christmas day.

Until we can get rid of these unelected inbred overlords.. we're stuck with listening to their yearly Christmas speeches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    What does she do for the country? I'm not challenging your statement, just asking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Christmas is a religious festival. The queen is the head of the church of England. Therefore it makes sense that she should give a speech on Christmas day.

Until we can get rid of these unelected inbred overlords.. we're stuck with listening to their yearly Christmas speeches.
    Religious festival which thiests and athiests jump on to? Nah it's not a religious festival in my eyes. It's been westernised with stupid things like Santa and sales...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Religious festival which thiests and athiests jump on to? Nah it's not a religious festival in my eyes. It's been westernised with stupid things like Santa and sales...
    Doesnt matter who jumps onto it or for what reason. Fact remains that she is the head of the religion in this country to which Christmas is primarily associated.

If other people wish to celebrate the season for their own reasons.. that's up to them. But it doesnt detract from the religious attachment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorFrost)
    What does she do for the country? I'm not challenging your statement, just asking!
    In b4 stupid answer about tourism and country image etc etc.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.