Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

The Queen should shut up on Christmas Day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    the queen can kiss my ass, to put it nicely - if it were up to me, we wouldn't have her
    what is she even good for? other than being a state-sponsored/funded snob? literally, that's her function - that's what makes her distinct - she is paid to be a career-snob. I'm not even left wing, I'm far from it, I just think it's stupid that my tax pounds are going towards this illogical aim...

ReputationRep:
    The Christmas Speech just needs livening up. Maybe it's because of my age-group, i just found it a bit dull.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Prince Charles but I'm worried he was/is a paedophile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    The Christmas Speech just needs livening up. Maybe it's because of my age-group, i just found it a bit dull.
    The queen should rap to it with some R&B music yeahhh

(Original post by interact)
    I really like Prince Charles but I'm worried he was/is a paedophile.
    Because he's old and white?

If it were true, the monarchy would be destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    She does a lot for this country, I have a lot of respect for her & all the royals.
    who told you that?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see it, so naturally I don't give a crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    who told you that?
    Common sense

ReputationRep:
    Common sense
    Hahahahahaha and common sense taught me how to count dude give it up the queen does **** all

ReputationRep:
    Common sense
    I didn't know you had imaginary friends

ReputationRep:
    To the person who says her religion is against gays. Actually, in the bible there is a mention of a gay couple and a little story about them.

The queen and the royal family also bring in a lot of money for this country in the way of tourists. Oh and I'm pretty sure the queen has to sign off any new laws etc that get passed through parliament or something like that?

Anyway, I dont either like or dislike them. They don't affect my day or life so why is it bothering some people so much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Tbh I don't care what she has to say. All she does is read of a script which she probably didn't even make up. It sounds so so forced and so so boring.I respect Charles more and I really hope he becomes king.

She makes these silly broadcasting messages annually which makes me so annoyed. I didn't watch it but the bbc news keeps on talking about it. Is her message supposed to make an impact? My **** can make more of an impact than her speech srs.

Lmfao she also talked about her christianity faith...she didn't talk about that when they allowed gay marriage since I'm pretty sure that goes against her faith right? I don't know who's worse, the pope or the queen...

Anyways, what do y'all think? Queens message yay or nay?
    Yay from me.

You are criticising something you didn't even bother to inform yourself about by watching?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-9944960.html

I respect the Royal family for all their hard work. If you don't think they work hard then you are ignorant to all the good that they do and how important they are to the country and our economy.

Yes they are privileged, some members might say or do the odd ridiculous thing and get caught out but, on the whole, they don't seem to take that privileged lightly.

I think the Christmas day message was an important one highlighting the fact that Christ's example taught her to "respect and value all people of whatever faith or none" something certain other religions in certain parts of the world need.

Long Live the Queen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Yay from me.

You are criticising something you didn't even bother to inform yourself about by watching?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-9944960.html

I respect the Royal family for all their hard work. If you don't think they work hard then you are ignorant to all the good that they do and how important they are to the country and our economy.

Yes they are privileged, some members might say or do the odd ridiculous thing and get caught out but, on the whole, they don't seem to take that privileged lightly.

I think the Christmas day message was an important one highlighting the fact that Christ's example taught her to "respect and value all people of whatever faith or none" something certain other religions in certain parts of the world need.

Long Live the Queen!
    I don't need to watch it to know it was bull****. U saw snippets of it on the news.

Royal family is a joke all this tourism talk us stupid. You are just clinging onto the royals coz without them the UK would have no history no meaningful history apart from ww1/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    To the person who says her religion is against gays. Actually, in the bible there is a mention of a gay couple and a little story about them.

The queen and the royal family also bring in a lot of money for this country in the way of tourists. Oh and I'm pretty sure the queen has to sign off any new laws etc that get passed through parliament or something like that?

Anyway, I dont either like or dislike them. They don't affect my day or life so why is it bothering some people so much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gay couple in the bible? Lol get out

God in the Bible clearly says being gay is an abomination or something lke that. Queen. Was scared of ruining her rep so signed the law in

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to watch it to know it was bull****. U saw snippets of it on the news.

Royal family is a joke all this tourism talk us stupid. You are just clinging onto the royals coz without them the UK would have no history no meaningful history apart from ww1/2

err someone is very bitter. Don't you mean 'I' saw.. rather then 'U' saw?
    I know what I saw, and I watched the whole thing.

I suggest when you are old enough you consider living in a country without a royal family, then you won't feel the need to be Mr Angry. cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    err someone is very bitter. Don't you mean 'I' saw.. rather then 'U' saw?
    I know what I saw, and I watched the whole thing.

I suggest when you are old enough you consider living in a country without a royal family, then you won't feel the need to be Mr Angry. cheers!
    I meant I stupid keyboard

Oh dw I'm going back to the states when i graduate

ReputationRep:
    Gay couple in the bible? Lol get out

God in the Bible clearly says being gay is an abomination or something lke that. Queen. Was scared of ruining her rep so signed the law in
    Actually the story in Matthew 19:10-12 about the Roman Centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant could be about homosexuality as in the original language, the word Matthew used was 'pais' a word that could mean a servant who was his master's male lover.

http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.or...ay_couple.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god are you guys daft or something?

You do realise that there is an agreement between the royal family and the government ever since George the III (I think it was him...)

Every year since then, the government provides a fixed sum to the Royal Family to cover their living expenses which amounts to 40 million pounds.

In exchange, the royal family hands over to the government all the revenues that they gather from renting out royal land.

This revenue amounts to 200 million pounds. Two. Hundred. MILLION. POUNDS!

ANNUALLY!!

Subtract the living expenses stiped and you get 160 MILLION POUNDS of RAW PROFIT for the British public!

All directly from the royal family!!

And that's not even including all the income from the touristy crap and the yanks that pour in to stand and gawk in front of the Buckingham Palace.

Yes this is actually a thing. Please google it before you decide to suspend the monarchy and have that 200m go into the pocket of the queen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AVGA17)
    Oh my god are you guys daft or something?

You do realise that there is an agreement between the royal family and the government ever since George the III (I think it was him...)

Every year since then, the government provides a fixed sum to the Royal Family to cover their living expenses which amounts to 40 million pounds.

In exchange, the royal family hands over to the government all the revenues that they gather from renting out royal land.

This revenue amounts to 200 million pounds. Two. Hundred. MILLION. POUNDS!

ANNUALLY!!

Subtract the living expenses stiped and you get 160 MILLION POUNDS of RAW PROFIT for the British public!

All directly from the royal family!!

And that's not even including all the income from the touristy crap and the yanks that pour in to stand and gawk in front of the Buckingham Palace.

Yes this is actually a thing. Please google it before you decide to suspend the monarchy and have that 200m go into the pocket of the queen.
    200m really isn't that much in that context

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorFrost)
    What does she do for the country? I'm not challenging your statement, just asking!
    She does only one thing, act as the sovereign head of state. She doesn't act as head of the army, defender of the Protestant faith or Fount of justice and law. She is bought off and useless. I can't wait until she dies and replaced by Charles the 3rd.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly I've lived in the UK for a while now to be fed up with the stupid royala
    I agree Royalists are stupid. I am a Monarchist.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.