Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

The Queen should shut up on Christmas Day? Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Don't like it? then maybe just don't watch it . Simple solution to a simple problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OP should go back to where he comes from on Christmas Day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Don't like it? then maybe just don't watch it . Simple solution to a simple problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It shouldn't be on telly in the first place.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Why not? It's become a Christmas tradition for many and I would say almost certainly more people do than don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    the queen can kiss my ass, to put it nicely - if it were up to me, we wouldn't have her
    what is she even good for? other than being a state-sponsored/funded snob? literally, that's her function - that's what makes her distinct - she is paid to be a career-snob. I'm not even left wing, I'm far from it, I just think it's stupid that my tax pounds are going towards this illogical aim...
    cos only left wing people can be apposed to the monarchy :rolleyes:

Try telling that to those freedom loving american gun nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    Why not? It's become a Christmas tradition for many and I would say almost certainly more people do than don't like it.
    Tradition? Lmfao no no please no. Does she even write it herself?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Tradition? Lmfao no no please no. Does she even write it herself?
    Yes. This article from the Guardian says she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    Yes. This article from the Guardian says she does.
    So because a newspaper says so it means it's true...

Lol.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So because a newspaper says so it means it's true...

Lol.
    It certainly suggests it's true if nothing else. Maybe you can provide proof for The Queen not writing her Christmas Day message?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't like what you have to say since it's a typical troll / ignorant person line so you shouldn't be on the internet, or for that matter, allowed to talk at all! How do you like it now the shoe is on the other foot?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well, I don't like what you have to say since it's a typical troll / ignorant person line so you shouldn't be on the internet, or for that matter, allowed to talk at all! How do you like it now the shoe is on the other foot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm.not a troll go away.
    The Queen does this every year its annoying and people like you enjoy watching it

ReputationRep:
    The Queen topped the Christmas Day ratings: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30603390

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    She does a lot for this country, I have a lot of respect for her & all the royals.
    Like what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    cos only left wing people can be apposed to the monarchy :rolleyes:

Try telling that to those freedom loving american gun nuts
    you know what I mean though - right wing people are usually conservatives, while left wingers are "less" conservative (not much so, though, in my perspective) - it's a generalisation but usually it's true - the vast majority of people who I've met who were republicans were lefties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    I don't like something, therefore it should be banned.

Strong logic there OP.
    the queen = the position of a public institution
    public institution = funded by taxation
    taxation = involves everybody
    everybody = should have a say in a democracy
    therefore, "banning" something that is compulsory/taxing isn't exactly aggressive

that's clearly distinct from private actions, e.g. drugs, sex, liberty, etc;
    victimless acts = only affects the single person, and nobody else
    everybody = has no connection to the act
    therefore, they have no say, unlike for public/institutional practices
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm.not a troll go away.
    The Queen does this every year its annoying and people like you enjoy watching it
    Who said I watched it? And you seem to have great difficulty understanding the concept of just doing something else for those what, 10 minutes? There are literally hundreds of other channels you could watch or, you know what, you could turn off the TV and read a book or something. Nobody forces you to watch it, so if you don't want to watch it, don't watch it; just don't feel that because you don't want to watch it you have any sort of right to force the inability to watch it upon everybody else.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Queen is a wonderful monarch and I respect her greatly.

I admit I didn't see her Christmas day message this year but only because I wanted to help my Nanna out with Christmas dinner as much as possible.

Honestly, after the Queen finishes her reign I wish Prince Harry could take the throne but I am fully aware he won't.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.