https://uk.news.yahoo.com/2-700-jobs...4.html#aQZBlmm

looks like they may go out of business soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmckinnin56)
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/2-700-jobs...4.html#aQZBlmm

looks like they may go out of business soon
    Been providing poor service for years
    • TSR Support Team

Awful timing around the Christmas period, got a mate who works for them and he's got a girlfriend and a kid to provide for.

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance to a crap company.

ReputationRep:
    Awful timing. If it had let them know before Christmas people would have known to draw their horns in. Lots of people get into debt for Christmas and pay it off through the rest of the year. As it is many will be starting the new year unemployed and massively overdrawn.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame - and terrible timing really.

People saying things such as "good news - crap company" need to just wind their necks in. From what they are saying, one assumes that these people work for virtuous companies which have never put a foot wrong or upset anyone. Ever. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It is a great shame for people to lose their jobs especially around Christmas and in the manner they have been informed. However, the parcel logistics segment isn't exactly a monopoly and with the poor service city link have provided I am surprised they lasted this long in a tough market. Yodel next I predict.

ReputationRep:
    really sad for the guys who found out on Christmas Day that they have no job.

ReputationRep:
    Capitalism. Some win, majority lose.

Nothing new, learn to adapt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicshelp18)
    Capitalism. Some win, majority lose.

Nothing new, learn to adapt.
    How do the majority loose.?

A company with an atrocious track record failed in a growth sector.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Competitive market with small margins facing competitors with global networks. The Royal Mail had been getting beat by the likes of FedEx and UBS for parcels for years, they'll need to expand their market or will suffer too (though plenty of scope for increased automation in that company).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    How do the majority loose.?

A company with an atrocious track record failed in a growth sector.
    Capitalism lives off the back of the poor. Regardless if the poor still get more things in capitalism they are still losers.

Land, Labour, Capital is still in the hands of the winners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicshelp18)
    Capitalism lives off the back of the poor. Regardless if the poor still get more things in capitalism they are still losers.

Land, Labour, Capital is still in the hands of the winners.
    I haven't seen people queuing up for basics like potatoes and cabbages.

I saw it in the Soviet Union before the wall came down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I haven't seen people queuing up for basics like potatoes and cabbages.

I saw it in the Soviet Union before the wall came down.
    That's what i just said because i knew that would be the silly argument you put forward.

The poor still have more things but they don't have the land, labour or the capital. Instead they have debt, low pay, insecurity.

Enjoy

Capitalism for the wins!

ReputationRep:
    That ceo earns around £6.5 million per year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.