Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello my school has 4 bands only band 1 and 2 do gcse and band 3 and 4 do btec I am in band 2 I used to be in band 1 well I really have passion for science but only band 1 does triple I do core I am sad as I want to be a doctor and I do not want this to affct my a level or university choices as I really want to be a doctor and all my target grades are a and if i do achieve this and do a level and get also a or b then I eould like to go to good universities. Am i effected by taking core science?

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoke to your teachers about your career ambitions? Could they move you up a set, providing you put the work in?

I'm pretty sure on university requirements double science for medicine is fine, because i've looked myself when i was interested in that subject (i didn't have the chance to study triple science, only double, as the only teacher that could teach the syllabus had to have a year or so off for health reasons).
    Best thing you can do is email the specific universities you may be interested them and ask them personally.
    If your set on becoming a doctor you need to make sure you GCSEs grades are the best they can possibly be, and the same with your AS results as this is one of the things they will look at.

Hope you get sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lau43llis)
    Have you spoke to your teachers about your career ambitions? Could they move you up a set, providing you put the work in?

I'm pretty sure on university requirements double science for medicine is fine, because i've looked myself when i was interested in that subject (i didn't have the chance to study triple science, only double, as the only teacher that could teach the syllabus had to have a year or so off for health reasons).
    Best thing you can do is email the specific universities you may be interested them and ask them personally.
    If your set on becoming a doctor you need to make sure you GCSEs grades are the best they can possibly be, and the same with your AS results as this is one of the things they will look at.

Hope you get sorted.
    Thank you I was hoping studying in imperial college.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, you need to improve yah spling.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine most do triple to go on to to med but core and additional is also ok, you'll just have one less gcse.

ReputationRep:
    My school didn't even offer triple science. So all my friends and I did double. And although I don't want to do medicine in the future, double science at gcse is fine - as long as you get the grades and do the a levels required. (Friends from the year above have been getting interviews/offers with dual science at gcse so you're fine basically).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.