Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What do my symptoms indicate? Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've been feeling quite ill recently, with stomach aches and headaches. I'm not one to complain, and I've been very healthy throughout my life and rarely get ill. Anyway, I've been feeling dizzy almost every time I stand up, especially if I have been lying down before, and really sleepy a lot of the time. I'm getting my blood pressure checked on the 28th, so I'll be able to see if that has anything to do with it. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could be anaemia caused by lack of iron
    Could be stress
    Could be that you've just picked up a virus.

To be honest, it could be various things, they're pretty generic symptoms. Best to wait til you see a doctor to get properly checked.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    Could be anaemia caused by lack of iron
    Could be stress
    Could be that you've just picked up a virus.

To be honest, it could be various things, they're pretty generic symptoms. Best to wait til you see a doctor to get properly checked.
    Thanks. I was just getting worried because I've been feeling dizzy when I stand up for a couple of months now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's probably to do with the blood pressure and the blood rushing to your brain or away from it not quite sure...
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Thanks. I was just getting worried because I've been feeling dizzy when I stand up for a couple of months now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to have this, I just played a bit more sports and tried to be a bit more active. I think being really lazy on holiday brought it on. I doubt it's anything to do with your blood pressure but it obviously won't hurt to check. Get well soon!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasaron)
    I used to have this, I just played a bit more sports and tried to be a bit more active. I think being really lazy on holiday brought it on. I doubt it's anything to do with your blood pressure but it obviously won't hurt to check. Get well soon!
    Thank you! Did you have all of the symptoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Thank you! Did you have all of the symptoms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not-so-much the headaches or stomach aches, but I felt very drowsy and 'saw stars' whenever I stood up after laying down for a while.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I just had my blood pressure taken and it was low but still in the average range, so that rules that out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.