Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How does it feel to be extremely attractive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine you would not appreciate people making effort with you

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by priyanka256)
    my anon posts dont show so ill get off. no one i know IRL will find me.
    yes its really sad when people have to face that. what race is your friend? black, white or asian? im just surprised because in my school it was the darker skinned people than got insults. I also got insults as im asian and my friend who was black got even more insults and it knocked down her confidence. she's in college now so we dont speak much but I think shes a lot happier.
    its also really wrong that guys who are in relationships want one thing from her. I can understand why she would get upset over that.
    She is actually South Asian but is often mistaken for being Arab or White because her skin is really fair and she has like blonde/brown-ish hair. Our class was mostly South Asian and were tan, they'd all pick on her and say things like she is lying about being an Asian because her skin is paler than the guy next to her who is non-Asian. That guy would then agree and start questioning her about why she is paler than him and join in with the name calling (stupid or what?), then she'd just get called pale insults randomly in class or around school or they'd all yell insults at her if she was stood at the front writing on the board etc. I seriously felt sorry for what she had to go through and there were quite a few other incidents too. At the time she was really unhappy (teacher was informed about racial abuse), and it stopped then she slowly stopped being so conscious about her skin colour. That's the story about the bullying anyway, sorry if I went on too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She is actually South Asian but is often mistaken for being Arab or White because her skin is really fair and she has like blonde/brown-ish hair. Our class was mostly South Asian and were tan, they'd all pick on her and say things like she is lying about being an Asian because her skin is paler than the guy next to her who is non-Asian. That guy would then agree and start questioning her about why she is paler than him and join in with the name calling (stupid or what?), then she'd just get called pale insults randomly in class or around school or they'd all yell insults at her if she was stood at the front writing on the board etc. I seriously felt sorry for what she had to go through and there were quite a few other incidents too. At the time she was really unhappy (teacher was informed about racial abuse), and it stopped then she slowly stopped being so conscious about her skin colour. That's the story about the bullying anyway, sorry if I went on too long.
    thats actually quite surprising to hear. ive never heard anyone get bullied for that. my class was majority white so I got picked on because im south asian. name calling and insults from white girls. im quite interested to hear about this as i went though a similar time, and so did my black friend. its good that it was dealt with in the end for your friend. i hope her self-esteem has picked up since the bullying.
    if its ok with you and your friend could you PM me a picture of her? you said shes really pretty and ive never seen a south asian with that hair colour so im just curious.

(Original post by priyanka256)
    thats actually quite surprising to hear. ive never heard anyone get bullied for that. my class was majority white so I got picked on because im south asian. name calling and insults from white girls. im quite interested to hear about this as i went though a similar time, and so did my black friend. its good that it was dealt with in the end for your friend. i hope her self-esteem has picked up since the bullying.
    if its ok with you and your friend could you PM me a picture of her? you said shes really pretty and ive never seen a south asian with that hair colour so im just curious.
    Sure

ReputationRep:
    I can't pass mirrors without having a Johnny Bravo-esque gaze of appreciation 😏

I imagine that although on balance it's an advantage it can be a double edged sword. Every man and his dog up for it with you and as you probably play in the premier league you can still get dating/rejection angst. Mind you, I'd still give it a go..

It's good most of the time tbh, people will try and do stuff for you. However, it can be a pain with girls you're friends with, as they tend to want a relationship, or even just to sleep with you.

Just to clarify, I do have some reason for believing this, I used to be an A&F door boy, which itself led to some disturbing experiences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    It's...It's...It's indescribable. The way people just look at you with such envy that it burns your skin. The way that they either hate you or love you to such extremes. The way women and men alike cling onto their partners out of fear that you'll steal their loved one. It's wonderful.

Lol but seriously, from what I've experienced with friends- it's pretty cool being attractive- I mean one of my friends gets stopped in the street and people say "you're beautiful" to her- no lie- I was with her once and I was like ffs- where is my random "you're beautiful" from a stranger. :lol:

Also they/she gets a lot of free stuff- :/ like guys just buy her expensive gifts etc- and people are just nice to her/ them. Admittedly there are drawbacks people may feel threatened or judge them thinking they're dumb, which isn't always the case.

To be honest, if you play the game right you can live very comfortably without doing anything just by being extremely attractive.
    My Life In a Nutshell. I just dont understand why girls give me free things, like ***** im wealthy, keep your charity for the starving children of Africa (i can say that cuz im black)

ReputationRep:
    Attractive is subjective on the eye if the beholder. What one person sees another may not. The notion of beauty is always changing. So why bother keep u . Everybody should be content with who they are.

(Original post by CHATTY678)
    Attractive is subjective on the eye if the beholder. What one person sees another may not. The notion of beauty is always changing. So why bother keep u . Everybody should be content with who they are.
    True to a point. Mind you, there is usually a consensus who the babes are. You don't have much option other than to work with who you are..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trottoir)
    One of my best friends is extremely attractive. I wouldn't want to trade places with her because she attracts very shallow people who just use her and most girls don't want to befriend her because they feel threatened by her and think she's going to steal their boyfriend. I'd say its a sad and lonely life. She's been in unhappy short-term relationships because guys just show her off to their friends, then get bored of her real quick and dump her.
    Surely that's more a reflection on her personality or the guys she goes for? I can't imagine any guys thinking "this girl is great, but I'm gonna dump her because she's too attractive". I've heard lots of girls say that sort of thing, of all different levels of attractiveness.

ReputationRep:
    You guys remember that cat calling video ?

I know girls who live that every day.

Don't think I could handle being an extremely attractive girl at all.

I'm kind of happy i'm not an extremely attractive guy as it means i've had to form character and work for things in life.

ReputationRep:
    Well my girl says it feels pretty good to be attractive. But then again she says she gets a lot of unwanted attention. Guess it's tougher being a goddess than you'd think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel to be extremely attractive? Like when people see you, their eyes widen or their jaws drop and immediately they're nicer to the more attractive person, or they constantly get told how beautiful their eyes or their lips are and are often mistaken for a model? One of my best friends is exactly like this, I love her to pieces but I wonder how it changes ones life. Does this happen to any of you and do you find it annoying or does it boost your ego?

Sorry for the excessive rambling/questions. :P

Coupled with intelligence and charisma - it's awesome, it's the closest feeling to being omnipotence.

ReputationRep:
    I have some really pretty friends. Makes me feel so down just looking at them.
    Holy crap me toooo!! Im genuinly so so so so SO insecure, I've cried so much about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    My Life In a Nutshell. I just dont understand why girls give me free things, like ***** im wealthy, keep your charity for the starving children of Africa (i can say that cuz im black)
    Lol anyone can say that, even if their not black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Please say the same thing to them next time they give you anything. I am sure you wont have to receive anything after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably nice being attractive in some ways, I cant imagine it would be nice dating someone attractive. There would be a constant fear that they would leave for someone else because, well, they can have what they like. I've never even had a relationship but I would probably be more cautious about getting to like someone gorgeous because i wouldn't see myself as good enough for them. Ironically i'm probably that guy who cares more about who they are and their personality than how they look yet we'll both forever avoid each other, them because who the hell dates down? and me because of insecurities about dating up. cest la vie

ReputationRep:
    Anyway

How does it feel to be extremely attractive? Like when people see you, their eyes widen or their jaws drop and immediately they're nicer to the more attractive person, or they constantly get told how beautiful their eyes or their lips are and are often mistaken for a model? One of my best friends is exactly like this, I love her to pieces but I wonder how it changes ones life. Does this happen to any of you and do you find it annoying or does it boost your ego?

OP:
    I'm sure everyone gets their share of some drooly thirsty admirer. You should just be asking the general audience what does it feel like to be constantly hit on, flirted with or chatted up and I'm sure you'd get more replies than only 3 pgs worth b/t the whole yr of time that it's been up.

Certainly everyone can relate to feeling awkward while being noticed by someone who oggles lewdly at them.

And it's degrading longer than it is flattering. Depending on what kind of attention you want, the embarrassment never gets old but deep down you feel nice that someone does notice your looks, of course

But it can make you feel easily peeved if a man jumps out of nowhere crouching down to you while you're lacing your shoes

or towering over while you're sitting

or following you into a coffee shop

or offering to help you carry your groceries home. It just gets overwhelming sometimes and I get to the point where I don't even want to leave my house b/c I feel if one thing is off, I'll be ignored which I can't handle, and if everything is looking right, I'll be gooked at nonstop. When I'm running late to somewhere important (which I often am ) thanks but no I don't ****ing want to stop to talk to you like get a job bozos. :talkhand:

B/c I don't flaunt a lot, I don't even understand all the constant attention I get, even my mother says she doesn't understand when she tells me how many guys she has to :mad: at when we're walking together b/c they're staring at me. (Why she does that Idk serious cockblocking).

Like I rarely even show off my skin, tits or thighs a lot, I wear more tight bottoms that simply flatter my lower physique, and I normally wear a jacket or denim waistcoat over my tits but yes the size of my chest is still apparent underneath.

&I don't normally wear heels to work/class/errands, but I will wear sandals (never with my nails undone ) and I honestly do wear trainers & boots a lot. I don't think it's necessary to look like a 24/7 hooker with loads of makeup and heels on all day when I'm just going to buy milk or the library :rolleyes: yet somehow I find I get just as much appreciation from men while the scantily clad chick struggles next to me.

I also don't wear make up. Not one bit. So I think it comes down honestly to how natural my look is; I guess men appreciate that more. My sex appeal is understated and I suppose becomes more seductive, than overtly provocative. I also have a massive mane of hair that I dye auburn and I've had men midconvo ask to pull it :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

haha not a notion.

However I have gotten that reaction and woah its crazy. you know when someone looks in your eyes and theyre like you could do anything to me and id let you. when a girl grabs you and shes hungry. thats something.

honestly maybe I should just go for it at times like that...but more times than not Im more hesitant then and I feel as though theyre TOO into me and hurting them isnt fun

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.