Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Helloo,
    I've got an interview at Reading and Cardiff, and I'm wondering whether anyone has any tips on what to prepare for? Or if anyone has been, what did they ask?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanley_bean)
    Helloo,
    I've got an interview at Reading and Cardiff, and I'm wondering whether anyone has any tips on what to prepare for? Or if anyone has been, what did they ask?
    Thanks!
    Hi, I've had interviews at both reading and Cardiff, you don't need to really prepare that much- reading asks u why reading, why pharmacy, any experience and some questions on maths/chem(only 3/4) easy ones, just be yourself and answer the questions as best u can and then hopefully they'll go alright- Cardiff is a bit more intense as its a half hour interview and they ask u lots of questions so u need to know info on pharmacy and wat pharmacists do and u have a maths test which isn't difficult- hope this helps- I've had all my interviews and got all my responses from uni's, where else have u applied

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me what kind of questions they ask at the Cardiff interview ??? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Cardiff asks you a lot of questions, some are difficult, the main ones are what are some side effects of a drug, what should be on a prescription, what do u do when person comes in with a prescription, tell me about your experience in a pharmacy, wat activities do u do outside of school, questions on personal statement and Why Cardiff, Why pharmacy- these are all the questions that I can remember- hope it helps- where else have u applied

ReputationRep:
    Wow , you don't know how helpful that is ! Thank you so much . I have interviews all a week apart at Cardiff , bath , Manchester and Bradford but I'm waiting on reading . And you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLegalDealer)
    Wow , you don't know how helpful that is ! Thank you so much . I have interviews all a week apart at Cardiff , bath , Manchester and Bradford but I'm waiting on reading . And you ?
    Good luck for all your interviews, Bath ans Reading are really relaxed and ask few questions-I've had all my interviews and have received all my offers, which puts a lot of pressure off me, I've got conditional offers from Bath, Reading and DMU, unconditional offer from Keele and rejection from Cardiff ( I don't really know why)- It's between Keele and Bath for firm and possibly reading, what are your predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    I had 5 interviews and all uni's gave me offers, I found all my interviews to ask a similar set of questions, such as why pharmacy, why this uni, simple maths/chem questions, and some other questions like past experience, where do you see pharmacy going in the future, what your skills are that pharmacists may need, that sort of stuff. If you just remain calm and relaxed and have a nice conversation with them you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I had none of those questions when I went to Cardiff...
    They just went through my personal statement and asked me questions based off that, as well as the usual "Why Pharmacy?" one.
    Reading was very relaxed and just checked you knew it was definitely what you wanted to do and you knew a little about it.
    Cardiff was pretty draining but overall it wasn't too bad. It's ok to think about your answers or ask them to specify- especially if they ask you an ethics-related question. From what I've heard on the Pharmacy applicants thread (here) many interviewers had different techniques and questions.
    Everyone seems to be going on about what offers they got so I may as well do that:
    Conditional offers from: Cardiff, UEA, Queen's University of Belfast, Reading
    Unconditional (if firm) offer from: Keele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    Good luck for all your interviews, Bath ans Reading are really relaxed and ask few questions-I've had all my interviews and have received all my offers, which puts a lot of pressure off me, I've got conditional offers from Bath, Reading and DMU, unconditional offer from Keele and rejection from Cardiff ( I don't really know why)- It's between Keele and Bath for firm and possibly reading, what are your predicted grades
    AAB and you ?

ReputationRep:
    The Cardiff interview was the hardest out of all the interviews I had, as soon as I walked in, she asked me to talk about my experience in a pharmacy (as she thought I had mentioned it in my Personal statement when I didn't) and I said I didn't have any as its hard to get it which she reponded by saying its not hard. She then asked me some hard questions that I didn't have a clue about and then at the end of the interview she said that I really need to gain experience in a pharmacy as its really important- I knew by then it didn't go well as she wanted me to have experience so I think I was rejected from Cardiff due to having no experience in a pharmacy even though I did have experience in a care home and with a charity that looks after people with learning difficulties but at least all the other interviews went well and I got the rest of my offers- I don't know whether to choose Keele or Bath, I like both in different ways

ReputationRep:
    AAB and you ?
    Mine are AAAA* as I'm doing 4 A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    The Cardiff interview was the hardest out of all the interviews I had, as soon as I walked in, she asked me to talk about my experience in a pharmacy (as she thought I had mentioned it in my Personal statement when I didn't) and I said I didn't have any as its hard to get it which she reponded by saying its not hard. She then asked me some hard questions that I didn't have a clue about and then at the end of the interview she said that I really need to gain experience in a pharmacy as its really important- I knew by then it didn't go well as she wanted me to have experience so I think I was rejected from Cardiff due to having no experience in a pharmacy even though I did have experience in a care home and with a charity that looks after people with learning difficulties but at least all the other interviews went well and I got the rest of my offers- I don't know whether to choose Keele or Bath, I like both in different ways
    So is there anything specific I should prepare for my interview at Cardiff or shall I just know my PS inside out . also how was the Bath interview ?

ReputationRep:
    So is there anything specific I should prepare for my interview at Cardiff or shall I just know my PS inside out . also how was the Bath interview ?
    Just know your P.S, it depends on the interviewer, I was unlucky in that I had an interviewer that asked more about experience and pharmacists role but you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    Just know your P.S, it depends on the interviewer, I was unlucky in that I had an interviewer that asked more about experience and pharmacists role but you'll be fine
    Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    Hi, I've had interviews at both reading and Cardiff, you don't need to really prepare that much- reading asks u why reading, why pharmacy, any experience and some questions on maths/chem(only 3/4) easy ones, just be yourself and answer the questions as best u can and then hopefully they'll go alright- Cardiff is a bit more intense as its a half hour interview and they ask u lots of questions so u need to know info on pharmacy and wat pharmacists do and u have a maths test which isn't difficult- hope this helps- I've had all my interviews and got all my responses from uni's, where else have u applied
    I've applied to Nottingham, Wolverhampton and Lincoln

ReputationRep:
    What chemistry and maths related questions do they ask at the interviews???

ReputationRep:
    Usual chemistry question is about chiral molecules, as of course it affects the efficiency of drugs and where dey work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And pharmacy is all about drugs so they love that one. Maths is basic **** don't swear that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone went for bradford pharmacy interview? was it a tough one?

ReputationRep:
    Im from the republic of Ireland and I've applied to the UK for a Pharmacy course in Reading, Medway, Brighton, Aston and Robert Gordon in Scotland. I sent in my application last week and recieved an interview from Reading, but haven't heard much from the rest. I just want to know if anyone has advice for Interviewd because the system in Ireland is completely different we don't do anything like that. And just an idea on which of my choices give interviews or how long would i have to wait for response from them because i can't keep going back and forth if i do get another interview. Please help im useless with this!!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.