Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linajabs)
    Im from the republic of Ireland and I've applied to the UK for a Pharmacy course in Reading, Medway, Brighton, Aston and Robert Gordon in Scotland. I sent in my application last week and recieved an interview from Reading, but haven't heard much from the rest. I just want to know if anyone has advice for Interviewd because the system in Ireland is completely different we don't do anything like that. And just an idea on which of my choices give interviews or how long would i have to wait for response from them because i can't keep going back and forth if i do get another interview. Please help im useless with this!!
    Hi, I've had all my interviews and had one at Reading, I think all your choices will have interviews and they often give offers around a week after the interview- In interviews they ask u why u want to go to that uni, why pharmacy, some simple chemistry and maths Q's, questions on personal statement, experience- they are not that bad and I have tours and talks- Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    So regarding the simple chemistry questions that they may ask, does anyone have any examples on what they've answered at either Cardiff/Reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanley_bean)
    So regarding the simple chemistry questions that they may ask, does anyone have any examples on what they've answered at either Cardiff/Reading?
    Hi, in Cardiff I don't think they ask Chemistry Q's and in Reading they ask to name a drug molecule and identify functional groups in the drug molecule- so revise structures of some drugs like caffeine, aspirin, revise functional groups- Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    Hi, I've had all my interviews and had one at Reading, I think all your choices will have interviews and they often give offers around a week after the interview- In interviews they ask u why u want to go to that uni, why pharmacy, some simple chemistry and maths Q's, questions on personal statement, experience- they are not that bad and I have tours and talks- Hope this helps
    Thanks so much. Im just new to this whole interview thing, ive never done one before so im quite nervous. Regarding the chemistry and maths questions what kind of questions do they ask, do i have to prepare anything for those? Do i have to have any medical/ pharmaceutical knowledge? Sorry for the bother and thanks again. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linajabs)
    Thanks so much. Im just new to this whole interview thing, ive never done one before so im quite nervous. Regarding the chemistry and maths questions what kind of questions do they ask, do i have to prepare anything for those? Do i have to have any medical/ pharmaceutical knowledge? Sorry for the bother and thanks again. Good luck
    You don't really need to prepare, just revise structures of some drugs like aspirin, revise functional groups, revise side effects of drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    You don't really need to prepare, just revise structures of some drugs like aspirin, revise functional groups, revise side effects of drugs
    Thank you sooo much, you've been a great help.. Hope it goes well now How's your application going, any offers? If you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Dan)
    Hi, in Cardiff I don't think they ask Chemistry Q's and in Reading they ask to name a drug molecule and identify functional groups in the drug molecule- so revise structures of some drugs like caffeine, aspirin, revise functional groups- Hope this helps
    Thank you, it helps a lot

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

My application went in for Pharmacy a few weeks ago, and I have interviews at Bath, Nottingham and Manchester. Has anyone had interviews at any of these? How did they go - what kind of things are they likely to ask about? And what is the dress code? They all involve a whole day with talks and tours etc- so I'm not sure how smart to dress. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    I had none of those questions when I went to Cardiff...
    They just went through my personal statement and asked me questions based off that, as well as the usual "Why Pharmacy?" one.
    Reading was very relaxed and just checked you knew it was definitely what you wanted to do and you knew a little about it.
    Cardiff was pretty draining but overall it wasn't too bad. It's ok to think about your answers or ask them to specify- especially if they ask you an ethics-related question. From what I've heard on the Pharmacy applicants thread (here) many interviewers had different techniques and questions.
    Everyone seems to be going on about what offers they got so I may as well do that:
    Conditional offers from: Cardiff, UEA, Queen's University of Belfast, Reading
    Unconditional (if firm) offer from: Keele
    Hey, I have an interview from Keele, how do you get an unconditional offer? Did you have an interveiw or did they offer you it straight away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinara.dasani)
    Hey, I have an interview from Keele, how do you get an unconditional offer? Did you have an interveiw or did they offer you it straight away?
    I had an interview and then the offer came through on Track as conditional (but if I read it, it says it became unconditional if I put them as my firm). That was last year though and I don't know what they're doing this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    I had an interview and then the offer came through on Track as conditional (but if I read it, it says it became unconditional if I put them as my firm). That was last year though and I don't know what they're doing this year.
    That's great thank you and well done! What was the offer they gave you? Grades wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinara.dasani)
    That's great thank you and well done! What was the offer they gave you? Grades wise?
    Everyone I talked to got an ABB offer like me

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.