Turn on thread page Beta

Final Degree Classification watch

    • Thread Starter

    I am a final year business student who has recently returned to University after completing an internship. I have had a mixture of fairly dramatic events recently occur within my personal life recently that has caused me to go from a student achieving a first to a student who has been getting a few 2.2's for stupid reasons such as a lack of some of the coursework pieces. This is admittedly my own fault but i have been suffering family problems and depression plus the need for therapy sessions etc.

    I am very much feeling the pressure of worrying about getting less than a 2.1 as a final classification and was wondering what the next steps might be if i were to do this.

    Such as appealing to increase my final grade as due to long term depression. studying a master,s moving abroad to more favourable job markets or even the possibility of improving my degree classification through deferring or re enrolling as the same student (if this is possible).

    I am very concerned as I am about to go into my final semester and really feel like i have messed everything up and that i will continue to do so because of the bad start to the year causing high stress levels

    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions around how to get passed this or the viability of the above options?Any help would be incredibly appreciated

    Most universities will have a process to claim extenuating or mitigating circumstances during your study. This may give you such things as extensions for coursework or additional consideration during marking which can improve your marks.

    I'd say that your first action should be to find these for your uni and submit for them as soon as possible. If you don't feel confident, get advice from the Student Union.

    Getting onto a Masters with a 2:2 would be difficult but not impossible, depending on your field. It may not be possible in some subjects. Your best way forward is to try and improve the marks on your current course.
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.