Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland- I hate them. Negative football, don't ever try and actually win a game then scrape a lucky goal.

Villa- Awful team, play awful football and fans have a self-righteous attitude because of one European cup.

QPR- Harry and his bull**** constantly, a terrible manager with an awful team despite spending so much money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Wilf would have a lot to say about the second one :lol:

I don't hate any premier league team. The one exception of this would be Stoke City. It's not even the fact that they're a tough team to crack, it's the fact that all their players seem to have such an aggressive demeanour about them, they are all rough and quite frankly cynical individuals. Not too fond of Mark Hughes either. Don't see it happening anytime soon but Stoke City would be my answer in short.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    a terrible manager with an awful team despite spending so much money.
    Nah I think Liverpool will stay up

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't relegate Stoke tbh. They bring a different style and tactical pluralism to the League. It would be completely boring with everybody paying this possession based football ticka tacka lite style

The whole cliche of a "cold wet Wednesday night at Stoke" being seen as a tough challenge for any team who goes there adds distinctive character to the league.

I'd honestly relegate West Brom and Sunderland tbh. There's just nothing unique about them tbh it just seems as if they're in the league to make up numbers very bland clubs imo

ReputationRep:
    Leicester City
    Hull City
    Burnley

Things are going well so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Wilf would have a lot to say about the second one :lol:
    He doesn't actually hate Villa and he probably hasn't watched us play apart from last week. I think he's upset cos of my posts, there's no chance he'd have said that if it wasn't for me posting on here.

I reckon I've seen MU play more times this season than he has as well.

Ice Fish do you join in when the MU fans sing WAHLS?

ReputationRep:
    Stoke City. I hate the club. I'm an Arsenal fan and I do not understand how a set of fans can boo Aaron Ramsey every time he touches the ball. How dare he get his leg broken on your pitch. Idiots

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea (can't stand the manager and a bunch of the players)
    Burnley (just seem a boring team tbh)
    Sunderland (they've been here a while and and nothing interesting to the league)

ReputationRep:
    Can we keep it realistic please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    QPR - Bogey team of Chelsea and just can't stand them in general
    Sunderland - Less teams from the north east the better
    Burnley - Bland team there just to make up the numbers. Would rather a championship side with a bit of history there like Nottm Forest/Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    I love this "They're boring, I'd rather some team with history was there" mentality. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. So, if you don't have a past that you deem worthy, you don't want them to have a future?

ReputationRep:
    Think lots of arsenal fans are still bitter about the Ramsey incident tbh burnley hull and leicester to relegate teams that have no place in the top division. Many bigger names which are more worthy in championship and league 1 (sheffield united)

ReputationRep:
    And lol at people thinking stoke play long ball- I bet many don't watch any of their matches so they have stereotyped the team without seeing the progress- how many of you still thik west ham play negatively?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Think lots of arsenal fans are still bitter about the Ramsey incident tbh burnley hull and leicester to relegate teams that have no place in the top division. Many bigger names which are more worthy in championship and league 1 (sheffield united)
    I don't get it. Why are they more worthy than teams that earned their place to be there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I don't get it. Why are they more worthy than teams that earned their place to be there?
    Those teams are not showing ambition. They are here for the money and will do the bare minimum to survive. Now I don't know about you but when sheffield united knocked us out of the cup last year they came with a purpose and played positively, aswell as bringing a massive fanbase. That is the mark of a great football club when you bring 5000 when your struggling in league 1 and these teams are more worthy because of their ambition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I love this "They're boring, I'd rather some team with history was there" mentality. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. So, if you don't have a past that you deem worthy, you don't want them to have a future?
    No sorry, I badly worded my original post. It's more that Chelsea traditionally had a bigger rivalry with Leeds, so playing Leeds in the league would be more exciting and emotionally investing than playing Burnley for example. But you're right, there's no reason they can't create their own destiny/rivalries.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fidus Achates)
    Leicester City
    Hull City
    Burnley

Things are going well so far.
    Why leicester? We're practically the most bland, inoffensive club around: only Coventry and Peterborough seem to openly hate us, and even that's mostly due to hang ups from a long time ago. We're like a low budget Everton - bland, plod along without really doing anything and generally missed due to posturing neighbours who are certain they're a big club despite not being relevant in about 2 decades.

anyway, burnley because I don't like Dyche, qpr because I don't like their approach to the sport, and I hate redknapp, the overrated conman and stoke, because their fans pain would be hilarious after their behaviour in 2008 (goading Leicester fans for going down rather than celebrating their own promotion).

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Those teams are not showing ambition. They are here for the money and will do the bare minimum to survive. Now I don't know about you but when sheffield united knocked us out of the cup last year they came with a purpose and played positively, aswell as bringing a massive fanbase. That is the mark of a great football club when you bring 5000 when your struggling in league 1 and these teams are more worthy because of their ambition
    None of that makes you more worthy. Winning matches that get you promoted make you worthy. Everyone in the Premier League has shown sufficient ambition because they're in it.

ReputationRep:
    QPR - HATE Redkanpp, so much. Also QPR seem to be just about the worst run club in the league.

Leicster - Don't like Pearson at all. Whenever I play FM he's always bleating on at me about how crap a manager I am, how I use young players too often and rotate my squad too much. Frankly he can go **** himself. Also was looking forward to seeing Powell play PL football, so far he's got like 6 minutes, not happy about that either.

Burnley - At this point they don't really belong here, get relegated, use the parachute payments to invest in the team and infrastructure and in 3 or 4 years time they might be better equipped.

Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.