Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Heard something about 6 players calling in injured without the physios ever spotting it - what on earth is going on?
    They all trained Thursday, all were fine on Thursday. Then they were 'injured' on Friday. All 6 are Cellino signings too. Shame we couldn't win to show we don't need them.

Leicester making a real fist of it. Newcastle must be looking over their shoulders now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    They all trained Thursday, all were fine on Thursday. Then they were 'injured' on Friday. All 6 are Cellino signings too. Shame we couldn't win to show we don't need them.

Leicester making a real fist of it. Newcastle must be looking over their shoulders now
    Sounds like Cellino is really dragging youse through the gutter - joke that the fit and proper tests allow people like him through.

Eh, can't see Newcastle going down - would require Leicester, Sunderland, Hull and Aston Villa all having corking ends to the season and Newcastle completely collapsing - still at 35 points I think they're safe, definitely can't see Sunderland getting 6 points from their final 6 - Arsenal and Chelsea away are likely write-offs, can't see them getting anything from Stoke or Everton either.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester staying will be good for the PL - Pearson's interviews are always fun to watch. Fair play to their owners - there was a whole media pressure behind Pearson going and it seems there might have been a conflict of opinion on whether he'd stay but he did and he's got them the results. I do wonder, maybe far off, that they might think "we're safe. sack Pearson and bring in a PL experienced manager who make sure we stay up for longer". But think on the balance of things, he'll stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Leicester staying will be good for the PL - Pearson's interviews are always fun to watch. Fair play to their owners - there was a whole media pressure behind Pearson going and it seems there might have been a conflict of opinion on whether he'd stay but he did and he's got them the results. I do wonder, maybe far off, that they might think "we're safe. sack Pearson and bring in a PL experienced manager who make sure we stay up for longer". But think on the balance of things, he'll stay.
    i think pulis or redknapp will be good for leicester if they stay up for next season
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theo1jinx)
    i think pulis or redknapp will be good for leicester if they stay up for next season
    I'd rather get relegated. Man is a walking con - besides, Pearson is a far better choice than either of those two.

ReputationRep:
    either way you need to keep kramaric boy got a hell of a potential

ReputationRep:
    Pulis isn't leaving a stable club like WBA anytime soon.

And like Stiffy said, Redknapp doesn't deserve ANY club to give him a job

But can envisage Pearson, if they struggle next season, could get the chop.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    well im a spurs fan and redknapp wasnt bad for us. but anyway
    Spent a stupid amount to achieve it though - as he did at Pompey (near enough bankrupted them for the FA Cup) and QPR (rumoured wage bill bigger than Borussia Dortmund, to scrape through the play-offs). He's a crook whose managerial ability amounts to "If it doesn't work, throw money at it until it does". Not to mention that he chickened out of QPR when the going got tough. The mans a joke of a manager.

Pulis might be an improvement, but if I wanted to watch the ball in the air and only coming down for lumbering brutes to beat up the opposition, I'd go 500 yards down the road to the Tigers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Spent a stupid amount to achieve it though - as he did at Pompey (near enough bankrupted them for the FA Cup) and QPR (rumoured wage bill bigger than Borussia Dortmund, to scrape through the play-offs). He's a crook whose managerial ability amounts to "If it doesn't work, throw money at it until it does". Not to mention that he chickened out of QPR when the going got tough. The mans a joke of a manager.

Pulis might be an improvement, but if I wanted to watch the ball in the air and only coming down for lumbering brutes to beat up the opposition, I'd go 500 yards down the road to the Tigers.
    nah you are harsh here. Pulis is really good with mediocre teams. and his defence is working really well
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Strange to see Swansea outfought like that today. Fabianski's spill for King's goal was a basic error, and the defending for the first was non-existent. A simple long ball, nod down and finish for Ulloa, who took it really well and thumped it into the corner.

I guess Swansea are in their flip-flops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Strange to see Swansea outfought like that today. Fabianski's spill for King's goal was a basic error, and the defending for the first was non-existent. A simple long ball, nod down and finish for Ulloa, who took it really well and thumped it into the corner.

I guess Swansea are in their flip-flops.
    well they've got little to play for don't they?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Leicester deserve to go down just for playing Kasabian when they score imo. Dreadful band.

ReputationRep:
    As a Newcastle fan, if the season was 5 games longer I would be absolutely bricking it. As it stands though we could likely lose all our remaining games and still stay up, and, as bad as we are at the moment, that isn't going to happen.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Leicester deserve to go down just for playing Kasabian when they score imo. Dreadful band.
    Better than the world and their dog playing chelsea ****ing dagger. At least they've got a connection with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Any Premier League side playing goal music should be automatically relegated. Sorry but it's so small time, Americanised and tinpot.

Anyone playing Tom Hark should be kicked out of the football league altogether.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Any Premier League side playing goal music should be automatically relegated. Sorry but it's so small time, Americanised and tinpot.

Anyone playing Tom Hark should be kicked out of the football league altogether.
    Remember Blackburn used to play Robbie ****ing Williams ffs. Bolton had Amarillo, too. ****ing Lanchashire.

ReputationRep:
    Hull leading
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Burnley 0-1 Leicester. Huge. Simply huge.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester, this is mental.

Stiff Little Fingers must be on the verge of a breakdown

This drags us into it a bit more but I think we'll be OK now anyway.

Four wins on the bounce ****ing hell.

ReputationRep:
    The only time it's acceptable for grown men to cry is when their team gets relegated.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.