Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomov)
    The only time it's acceptable for grown men to cry is when their team gets relegated.
    Tbh I just think "would I be embarrassed if my dad did this?" and if he cried if Villa got relegated the answer would be a resounding yes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Leicester, this is mental.

Stiff Little Fingers must be on the verge of a breakdown

This drags us into it a bit more but I think we'll be OK now anyway.

Four wins on the bounce ****ing hell.
    I was on the radio at the time, trying to keep my cool there was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I feel sorry for Burnley though - don't like Dyche particularly but they're a nice enough club - game over for them now with 5 points to make up in 4 games.

ReputationRep:
    Sad to see Sunderland going down but they fully deserve this... They are far worse than any premier league side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I was on the radio at the time, trying to keep my cool there was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I feel sorry for Burnley though - don't like Dyche particularly but they're a nice enough club - game over for them now with 5 points to make up in 4 games.
    Fair play.

I watched the last ten minutes or so. Kasper Schmeichel's save looked unreal, was sure that was in.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theo1jinx)
    Sad to see Sunderland going down but they fully deserve this... They are far worse than any premier league side
    Yeh I want Sunderland to go down. If they stay up all they'll do is waste 25-30m, sack their manager in March and finish 16th or 17th.They really need to go down and clear out all the dross as right now they add nothing to the league.

Newcastle deserve to get relegated but they will just about stay up, if they give that muppet Carver the job full time (as I suspect they will) they'll go down next year though.

Burnley and QPR are both gone after today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to Hull for making the most of their fortnight off. Where on Earth would they be without N'Doye, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh I want Sunderland to go down. If they stay up all they'll do is waste 25-30m, sack their manager in March and finish 16th or 17th.They really need to go down and clear out all the dross as right now they add nothing to the league.

Newcastle deserve to get relegated but they will just about stay up, if they give that muppet Carver the job full time (as I suspect they will) they'll go down next year though.

Burnley and QPR are both gone after today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah feel pity for the people in Tyne Wear, both of their clubs suck big time :P

Last year Sunderland did an epic escape and I thought they would survive more comfortably this year but meh.. they are just not good enough..

Agreed, some seasons in the championship will be good for them.

Glad for Leicester though, they were unlucky early in the season but everything comes into place eventually!

ReputationRep:
    Christ City are an awful club, empty seats and the goal announcer is cringey.

ReputationRep:
    Glad for Leicester if they stay up. Pearson, as shown in this interview, is a character worth having in the PL than the other managers going down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Tbh I just think "would I be embarrassed if my dad did this?" and if he cried if Villa got relegated the answer would be a resounding yes.
    Relegation is the most painful thing I've experienced in football, but never cry over it. I know there's this stigma about where men are almost encouraged to cry, but nah. Not a grown man over football.

I'd personally like to see QPR & Sunderland down, not bothered about the other teams. I think Hull wouldn't be in such a perilous position if they had Snodgrass this season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Really priceless three points for Hull today, but the question has to be asked of Pardew: does he have a plan B if his first-choice of wide playmakers/wingers isn't effective?

That's two defeats in two to former managers for Palace, and they were really bad today by all accounts. That'll breathe life into Hull's survival bid, and they should look to ruffle Liverpool's feathers when we travel there given our abject and insipid nature recently.

Sunderland, QPR and Burnley to go down for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Really priceless three points for Hull today, but the question has to be asked of Pardew: does he have a plan B if his first-choice of wide playmakers/wingers isn't effective?

That's two defeats in two to former managers for Palace, and they were really bad today by all accounts. That'll breathe life into Hull's survival bid, and they should look to ruffle Liverpool's feathers when we travel there given our abject and insipid nature recently.

Sunderland, QPR and Burnley to go down for me.
    Think they won cause of pure motivation, CRP don't have much to play for do they? Hull is still a poor team but fair play to them today, they gave everything
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Think they won cause of pure motivation, CRP don't have much to play for do they? Hull is still a poor team but fair play to them today, they gave everything
    Exactly. Questions will be asked of their commitment now they've endured back-to-back defeats.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Questions will be asked of their commitment now they've endured back-to-back defeats.
    Would love to see Bolasie at the pool
    + We could really use Martin kelly now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hulls motivation was part of it, but palace... Stop bolasie, you stop them. The next step for them is to be a Swansea, and Swansea - stop gomis and you open up the room for sigurdsson, stop him and Shelvey takes over - they've got multiple outlets, palace don't.

ReputationRep:
    Hulls motivation was part of it, but palace... Stop bolasie, you stop them. The next step for them is to be a Swansea, and Swansea - stop gomis and you open up the room for sigurdsson, stop him and Shelvey takes over - they've got multiple outlets, palace don't.
    Swansea are a really solid team indeed. Are good in the back, good in the middle and decent up front. As a LFC fan i regret letting Jonjo go watching him play week in week out now really shows what his value is. I reckon swansea will be pushing for a Europe spot next year, Garry Monk got it all figured out. How can Hodgson call Barkley and not Call shelvey is beyond me!

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to Hull for making the most of their fortnight off. Where on Earth would they be without N'Doye, though?
    Draft pick?

What's amazing is that we all thought 33 points could mean you're safe earlier in the season, but Newcastle could down, when they had 35 points from 27 games!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Swansea, as a squad, are a tricky proposition. They have a handful of players all of the same or similar ability, ready to step in so Monk can rotate at will. It's clever from him to build such an outfit.

ReputationRep:
    The championship probably or still in hull
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conor1998)
    The championship probably or still in hull
    You know what? You're right.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.