Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle could do with this guy atm

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Newcastle could do with this guy atm

I'm sure they'd settle for this guy right now.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627362

Just get relegated already ffs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Feel bad for the guy really. He's clearly so inept, but unsure what else he can say. If a manager gives any hint of weakness, they get leapt upon by fellow managers, their playing staff, and the media. You've seen it with Rodgers this season to some extent. A lot of his bravado and David Brentisms - if you wanna call them that - clearly come from his need to feel he needs to sell himself, because his CV can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I dont follow nescastle to enough to know if he is a good coach, but he certainly is a **** manager

ReputationRep:
    In his defence, he's been dealt an exceptionally poor hand. You can't be saying stuff like that though. I see what he's trying to do here but he's just made himself even more of a laughing stock. He'd be best served removing himself from media duties until the end of the season.

And as a seperate point, Carver's 9 points from 48 is a very similar run to Pardew's 10 from 51 spanning the end of last season and the start of this. But of course Pardew is a managerial God that Newcastle were blessed to have the services of.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHHA, did Carver Turkey really say that. We have had such a horrific couple of years but they are still outdoing us. Just need to win one match, that's all.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That is so funny I honestly feel sorry for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    HAHAHHA, did Carver Turkey really say that. We have had such a horrific couple of years but they are still outdoing us. Just need to win one match, that's all.
    He's like Kevin Ball 2.0
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I fancy Burnley to get a result this weekend, so all is certainly not lost for them. Hull are very beatable at home, despite their recent rejuvenation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    He's like Kevin Ball 2.0
    Kevin Ball & Sbragia combined vs Carver. Would be a painful 90 minutes of something for sure
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Anything less than a Burnley win tomorrow sees them relegated. For all the talk of Ings being a great goalscorer and striker, he's been given chances recently and failed to convert. Burnley have scored ONCE in nine matches - which is a horrid statistic - and they deserve relegation in truth. They battled bravely, but only Norwich City in 2013/14 have managed to score less over the course of a PL season.

ReputationRep:
    For **** sake, Everton.

ReputationRep:
    oh wow..

Pressure on now.. sunderland up to 14th.

and they still have a potentially winable game against leicster left.

They will be fine now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure the whole country is going to be cheering on West Brom now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that most people want Newcastle gone but us to stay up ?

Not complaining, but that's how it seems.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    This is why I've always not minded Sunderland when other people absolutely hate them. Just when you think "Oh ****, look at their fixtures, they're deffo going down" they just go ahead and prove the majority wrong. Fantastic win today at Goodison, well done Sunderland.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Why is it that most people want Newcastle gone but us to stay up ?

Not complaining, but that's how it seems.
    John Carver, and to some degree Big Mike himself. Plus their fans treatment of Pardew when it was clear that he wasn't the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That is so funny I honestly feel sorry for him.
    I didn't see this

#HighLevelOfDelusion

(Original post by little_wizard123)
    For **** sake, Everton.
    We'll be alright mate relax, we've got the best striker in Europe. Nobody is doubting us now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle going down.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.