Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Reckon Newcastle are gunna stay up now. If we can't beat an already relegated QPR next week then we don't deserve to be in the premiership anyway, but tbh I think we'll manage it. Then Hull will need to beat both Spurs and Man utd, which I just can't see happening.

Whole bottom half of the league are pure ****e though.

ReputationRep:
    Commiserations for Burnley, fair play to Dyche to stick with the players that got him promoted and give them the opportunity to prove themselves in the top division. Considering they operated on a shoestring budget they did a lot better than some people thought. Think QPR and Hull will join them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hull have never won a PL match in the month of May. Madness.

Poor Burnley - but today's win came far too late for them. Ings has carried a big burden for them this year, and they only have seven goalscorers in the league this year. That is woeful. Two goals in ten matches - both in 1-0 victories - was poor form, and Ings just couldn't do any more but they have lacked firepower since day one and been found out. I think only Norwich City have ended a PL season with less goals than Burnley currently have, and that was when they were relegated last year.

ReputationRep:
    Boyd and Ings tried hard and did very well this season. I feel sorry for them, all their efforts didn't pay off. I have a lot more respect for Burnley and Dyche who stuck with the players that got him promoted and believed in them, than QPR for example who spent millions and millions and are still pretty bad. Hopefully Burnley will find their way back to the big league soon!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hull may have relegated themselves with that defeat today. They are far too reliant on N'Doye - a man who is ageing and was only brought in during January. Without him, they may be bottom.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Spurs 0-1 Hull next week. Calling it now.

Their players are on the beach and their manager has openly said he'd rather not qualify for the EL

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else want to see Newcastle go down? They don't deserve to stay in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    Anyone else want to see Newcastle go down? They don't deserve to stay in the league.
    Me too. They've got no fighting passion like Sunderland(as proved yesterday) and leicester, and a complete idiot for a manager. A few years in the championship will benefit them.

ReputationRep:
    Seen the table after 36 games last time Newcastle were relegated.

16 Sunderland
    17 Newcastle
    18 Hull

Totally irrelevant but I love stuff like that. Fingers crossed for a different outcome this time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    Anyone else (other than Newcastle fans) want them to stay up? They must be everybody's favourite choice for relegation, surely?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    And qpr are officially down as well.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/YungKakarot/stat...05839935287296

Laughed way too much at that

Best of luck to Chris Ramsey, wherever he ends up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    QPR have deserved to go down for a long time. They are guilty - time and time again - of making short-term choices and neglecting the long-term interests of the football club. They were very fortunate to win the play-off final last year against Derby, and I won't miss them.

Between Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle for the last spot.

ReputationRep:
    The one respectable thing about QPR - Chris Ramsey - may well be back in the Prem next year. Supposedly joining Villa as our assistant if he isn't kept on by Fernandes.

ReputationRep:
    Wanted QPR to go down all along, horrible play style and offering little to the league.. Proof that not only money make a team, and bonus they got a d*ckhead for a captain
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    The one respectable thing about QPR - Chris Ramsey - may well be back in the Prem next year. Supposedly joining Villa as our assistant if he isn't kept on by Fernandes.
    Asked upon whether he's the man to bring QPR back to the PL, his heart didn't really seem in it today. He responded affirmatively, but you can see behind his eyes that he's grown tired of QPR - and understandably so. He'd be much better as Sherwood's assistant at Villa imo, building something together with a crux of great English youngsters (Grealish, Delph, Cleverley etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey did pause for a second before replying affirmatively to taking the job but I'd be surprised if Fernandes went for him. Think he's a good coach but to manage a team that is going to be riddled with problems over the course of a 46 Championship game campaign, not sure. Warburton might be a decent choice as he will be available and importantly, has Championship experience.

Harry Redknapp - deserves as much criticism and focus as some of the players but doubt that'll happen as he's a media favourite..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Ramsey did pause for a second before replying affirmatively to taking the job but I'd be surprised if Fernandes went for him. Think he's a good coach but to manage a team that is going to be riddled with problems over the course of a 46 Championship game campaign, not sure. Warburton might be a decent choice as he will be available and importantly, has Championship experience.

Harry Redknapp - deserves as much criticism and focus as some of the players but doubt that'll happen as he's a media favourite..
    Redknapp is the root of many of the problems at QPR.

Purchasing Rio Ferdinand to partner either Dunne or Hill in the centre of defence was laughable, and recruiting Isla before deploying a back three was farcical. They need an entire new back five, but I wouldn't be too sad for Ramsey: he'll take his cards and - if he's got any sense - not look back.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Redknapp is the root of many of the problems at QPR.

Purchasing Rio Ferdinand to partner either Dunne or Hill in the centre of defence was laughable, and recruiting Isla before deploying a back three was farcical. They need an entire new back five, but I wouldn't be too sad for Ramsey: he'll take his cards and - if he's got any sense - not look back.
    Their entire team is just a collections of has beens after their last pay cheque. The QPR wage bill is higher than that of Dortmund or Atletico Madrid, when players like Shaun Wright Phillips (who has barely kicked a ball in 3 years) are on £65k you know you've gone badly wrong somewhere.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Their entire team is just a collections of has beens after their last pay cheque. The QPR wage bill is higher than that of Dortmund or Atletico Madrid, when players like Shaun Wright Phillips (who has barely kicked a ball in 3 years) are on £65k you know you've gone badly wrong somewhere.
    Did you know Wright-Phillips is only eight months younger than Tony Hibbert?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.