Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want QPR to stay up, but at the same time I'm pissed off at them not making a better attempt at it after the daylight robbery that was last years play off final. Hopefully they won't be back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    I didn't want QPR to stay up, but at the same time I'm pissed off at them not making a better attempt at it after the daylight robbery that was last years play off final. Hopefully they won't be back.
    Second that, we don't need teams like this in the Premier League.. Good think, both teams promoted from the championship are respectable and fighters so next premier league will be hell of interesting
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hull don't deserve to stay up. Three shots on target out of 21 shots against a side already relegated was woeful this weekend. I hope they manage to fight and suck Newcastle closer to peril, but I can't see it. Bruce has got the most out of that group and they are certainly not good enough for the PL over the course of 38 games.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see Leicester not being apart of the relegation talk anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We probably won't see QPR again since they may get that massive FFP fine from the Championship. If they refuse to pay, they could be barred from the league :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    We probably won't see QPR again since they may get that massive FFP fine from the Championship. If they refuse to pay, they could be barred from the league :eek:
    Good riddance really, absolutely horrible club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Good riddance really, absolutely horrible club.
    Think they're trying to bring a legal challenge against the validity of the Championship FFP rules (not sure on what basis) but with a fine of almost £60mil, even with the parachute payments, I don't see how QPR can do well.

Heck they could even get relegated again since their squad is dross, a lot will leave or have to be sold due to wages and their manager hasn't been amazing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Hull don't deserve to stay up. Three shots on target out of 21 shots against a side already relegated was woeful this weekend. I hope they manage to fight and suck Newcastle closer to peril, but I can't see it. Bruce has got the most out of that group and they are certainly not good enough for the PL over the course of 38 games.
    Has he though? He's been decimated by injury. Their main summer signing got a season ending injury 30 minutes into his debut.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Has he though? He's been decimated by injury. Their main summer signing got a season ending injury 30 minutes into his debut.
    Sorry, I meant before this season. Primarily the promotion season, and the FA Cup final season.

ReputationRep:
    Win today and we're safe, what a hero Big Nige is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nigel Pearsons Ostrich Army!

ReputationRep:
    Is that the fastest hat trick?

3 goals conceded in about two minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Any Leicester fans on here go to games?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Saido Mane been on the charlie. Question is is whether his dealer is Livermore or Wilshere

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm a season ticket holder for a couple of seasons but I haven't started going away games yet

ReputationRep:
    Where do you sit? I sit in J3, long journey from Essex but been worth it recently, only aways this season have been West Ham and Spurs in the cup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    LOL: https://twitter.com/GRGHNRY/status/179987350905036800

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle losing 2-1.

Last game will probably be Hull two points behind Newcastle with either of them taking the third relegation place.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    As it stands right now...

16 Sunderland 36 -20 37
    17 Newcastle 37 -25 36
    18 Hull 37 -18 34

Come on Hull for **** sake. Nobody wants Newcastle to stay up.

ReputationRep:
    Mathematically safe :cool:

Hull vs MU
    Newcastle vs West Ham

Hull: 34 points
    Newcastle: 36 points.

Hull have a far superior goal difference so a Hull win and a Newcastle draw would see Newcastle relegated. Not impossible tbh.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.