Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    If Fergie was in charge I wouldn't put it past him to field half the under 21 team.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Mathematically safe, and up to 14th. Please can it be easier next season, don't think my heart could have taken it if Kramaric had taken that open goal right at the end.

Would love Sunderland to go down, mostly because Lee Cattermole is a horrible little **** but Newcastle falling would be hilarious. C'mon Hull next week either way.

ReputationRep:
    I wish United would just bend over for Hull so that Newcastle can get relegated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It won't be the first time a side has beaten Man United on the final day to stay up. It's not unprecedented, but I think it's a hell of an ask for Hull.

The issue with Sunderland is that their game in hand could come as a curse. If they get stuffed, their goal difference could easily rival Newcastle's and both will be looking over their shoulders come the final day.

ReputationRep:
    Weird that we haven't had a last day relegation battle since QPR and Bolton fought it out on that memorable Agueroooo afternoon. I always think of them as an annual thing but they really aren't.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Weird that we haven't had a last day relegation battle since QPR and Bolton fought it out on that memorable Agueroooo afternoon. I always think of them as an annual thing but they really aren't.
    Best year was the Sheffield United-Wigan-West Ham affair back in 06/07.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Interesting little observation I saw on another forum - in 08/09 hull, sunderland and newcastle went into the final day fighting to avoid that final place. Sunderland that season played chelsea on the final day of the season, hull, Manchester United and Newcastle played Aston villa - which according to David Cameron, makes next weekend the exact same final day as then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Interesting little observation I saw on another forum - in 08/09 hull, sunderland and newcastle went into the final day fighting to avoid that final place. Sunderland that season played chelsea on the final day of the season, hull, Manchester United and Newcastle played Aston villa - which according to David Cameron, makes next weekend the exact same final day as then.
    I wonder if it'll have the same result. Brucey has rolled over for United many a time, so he probably deserves to phone on in against them next weekend in truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Best year was the Sheffield United-Wigan-West Ham affair back in 06/07.
    Yeah that was a good one. My personal favourite last-day was a few years back when Wigan came from 19th and Wolves stayed up on goal difference.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I wonder if it'll have the same result. Brucey has rolled over for United many a time, so he probably deserves to phone on in against them next weekend in truth.
    We owe him one after all the years he's given us a free 6pts whilst taking them off our rivals.

Imagine Carver trying to explain relegation :lol: ''Don't worry lads, i'm still the best coach in the league''
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We owe him one after all the years he's given us a free 6pts whilst taking them off our rivals.

Imagine Carver trying to explain relegation :lol: ''Don't worry lads, i'm still the best coach in the league''
    Poor Brucey.

I wish we could just promote Middlesbrough and Norwich, and get rid of Newcastle and Hull in one movement.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be dramatic next weekend, but the Mags are going down! Picture this Hull 2-0 up and the Mags are drawing, we're 2-1 down after being battered by Arsenal. Then Jack Colback takes off his shirt and runs and scored an OG, cue Barcoded tears. #priceless

Mathematically safe, and up to 14th. Please can it be easier next season, don't think my heart could have taken it if Kramaric had taken that open goal right at the end.

Would love Sunderland to go down, mostly because Lee Cattermole is a horrible little **** but Newcastle falling would be hilarious. C'mon Hull next week either way.
    Shut up mate, delighted you lot stayed up yesterday and got nothing against Leicester so don't know why you're being a ****.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    Gonna be dramatic next weekend, but the Mags are going down! Picture this Hull 2-0 up and the Mags are drawing, we're 2-1 down after being battered by Arsenal. Then Jack Colback takes off his shirt and runs and scored an OG, cue Barcoded tears. #priceless

Shut up mate, delighted you lot stayed up yesterday and got nothing against Leicester so don't know why you're being a ****.
    Because I don't like Sunderland - I think cattermole is a thug and your fans in general have delusions of grandeur, acting like you're a huge team when you've not been anything other than a yoyo team since WW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chris Ramsey appointed QPR head coach on a 3 year deal.

Good for him, seems like a really nice guy & I do believe he can be a good manager, but I do worry that he won't reach his potential in that poisonous club.

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't like Sunderland - I think cattermole is a thug and your fans in general have delusions of grandeur, acting like you're a huge team when you've not been anything other than a yoyo team since WW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're **** but we're still a larger team than you - pipe down
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    QPR announce Ramsey will be their coach until 2018.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    We're **** but we're still a larger team than you - pipe down
    Well you aren't, since the war we've spent similar amounts of time in each of the top three divisions, we've won more trophies and had more finals - you're a lower prem/upper championship side, just like ourselves or west Brom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well you aren't, since the war we've spent similar amounts of time in each of the top three divisions, we've won more trophies and had more finals - you're a lower prem/upper championship side, just like ourselves or west Brom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    West Brom have been more successful than both of us but I definitely wouldn't say they're a bigger club. Enjoy your great escape and I look forward to battling you for 17th again next season.

ReputationRep:
    West Brom have been more successful than both of us but I definitely wouldn't say they're a bigger club.
    Wot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not quite sure what you're woting here m8.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.