Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    The carrier baggies have quite an illustrious history, they're frequently overlooked by many fans as just the average club making up the numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    Not quite sure what you're woting here m8.
    How does more success not mean they are a bigger club

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    West Brom have been more successful than both of us but I definitely wouldn't say they're a bigger club. Enjoy your great escape and I look forward to battling you for 17th again next season.
    I didn't say west brom were, I said they, yourselves and us are on a par. Average league positions since football began again post WWII, west brom have been 18th, sunderland 21st, Leicester 22nd. All relegation battlers in the premiership but a cut above the championship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    How does more success not mean they are a bigger club

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously?! so you think the size of a club is entirely on success, lul.

(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I didn't say west brom were, I said they, yourselves and us are on a par. Average league positions since football began again post WWII, west brom have been 18th, sunderland 21st, Leicester 22nd. All relegation battlers in the premiership but a cut above the championship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair data.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle players banned from social media in the run-up to the weekend's fixture. It's a shame, but you just feel Hull may have left it too late. They just never have seemed to have got going all season, despite positive results at home against the likes of Liverpool. They even scared City earlier on in the season before they fell away.

It's weird, but I don't think Hull have even been that bad. They've struggled for results, of course, but they have picked up good wins here and there and just not capitalised on them like Leicester have. I don't think, for instance, there's much difference between Hull at their best and a team like Villa at their best. Villa, Leicester have all benefited from runs and momentum at the right time, though. Hull haven't been able to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?! so you think the size of a club is entirely on success, lul.

Fair data.
    What's it based on then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YES PANTI! YES SEB! Get in BigOldDick! HAHAHAH thanks arsenal for passing the ball around pointlessly.

YESSSSSS!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Scenes at the end of the game tonight. Advocaat overcome with emotion. Fair play. Great to see how much it means to him, and it would be great to see him stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Scenes at the end of the game tonight. Advocaat overcome with emotion. Fair play. Great to see how much it means to him, and it would be great to see him stay.
    I disagree but I was surprised by his emotion
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I disagree but I was surprised by his emotion
    Of course, with your head screwed on it's easy to be clinical and say that you need somebody else in the cold light of day. Di Canio, Poyet both proved to be temporary band-aids but the wounds resurfaced the following season, and the same can be said of Advocaat potentially.

That said, I do wish him all the best and I hope he gets another job in England. He clearly loves our country and the PL - it's refreshing to see from a foreign manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Of course, with your head screwed on it's easy to be clinical and say that you need somebody else in the cold light of day. Di Canio, Poyet both proved to be temporary band-aids but the wounds resurfaced the following season, and the same can be said of Advocaat potentially.

That said, I do wish him all the best and I hope he gets another job in England. He clearly loves our country and the PL - it's refreshing to see from a foreign manager.
    Yeah he seems like a decent guy. Personally wouldn't mind someone like Warburton or Flitcroft from Bury.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.