Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I hope the Football League throw the book at them upon their return as well.

Derby County would have been a much better addition to the Premier League...
    Derby, Boro and Bournemouth to go up hopefully.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    QPR are so ****ing **** :lol: Take Caulker & Austin out of that side and it would struggle in the Championship, never mind the PL.

Just relegate them now and spare them them embarassment.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Chris Ramsey
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Chris Ramsey
    It's always good to see someone new get a chance, but let's be honest they were down as soon as he was appointed.

A relegation scrap with a team low on confidence is the last place on earth that you want to drop someone with no managerial experience in to.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    QPR continue to shoot themselves in the foot defensively. Palace had only enjoyed one clean sheet under Pardew, so today was a decent chance for QPR to get at them and ruffle up a few feathers (similar to what they did to Sunderland up at the Stadium of Light). Fair play to Phillips for that finish - what a shot! - but they deserve to go down. Their defence is simply woeful.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 Villa

Sherwood

What a time to be alive.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What a start for you lot. Bye, bye Poyet.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing humiliation against villa of anyone. Majority of our fans today were cretins too.

Gus Bus is gonna be terminated ffs
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland will be very lucky to survive here.

ReputationRep:
    Weve gone.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    Weve gone.
    Hull have a really tough run-in. Final four matches are Spurs, Arsenal, Burnley and Man Utd. It's not a foregone conclusion, but I'd fancy Sunderland for the drop now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Hull have a really tough run-in. Final four matches are Spurs, Arsenal, Burnley and Man Utd. It's not a foregone conclusion, but I'd fancy Sunderland for the drop now.
    We lost 4-0 to Vile. Never seen anything so poor since the sbragia days
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CHE, swa, sou, LIV, cpal, ARS, BUR, tot, MU

That's a horrendous run in. I'd be ****ting it if that was United's run in so god knows what Hull fans must be thinking.

I'm sure that there are 3 worse teams than them though. QPR & Leicester are already relegated, Sunderland in freefall and Burnley still down there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    CHE, swa, sou, LIV, cpal, ARS, BUR, tot, MU

That's a horrendous run in. I'd be ****ting it if that was United's run in so god knows what Hull fans must be thinking.

I'm sure that there are 3 worse teams than them though. QPR & Leicester are already relegated, Sunderland in freefall and Burnley still down there.
    The thing is, Hull could easily get wins against the likes of Arsenal/Man United toward the end of the season if the aforementioned clubs have wrapped up the top four.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, Hull could easily get wins against the likes of Arsenal/Man United toward the end of the season if the aforementioned clubs have wrapped up the top four.
    You can usually count on Steve Bruce to gift us 3 points. United DNA and all that.

Tbh if they beat Burnley and Palace and draw a game or two that's 36 points which will be enough. Can you see QPR, Sunderland or Burnley getting 10+ points from their remaining games? Its very unlikely.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You can usually count on Steve Bruce to gift us 3 points. United DNA and all that.

Tbh if they beat Burnley and Palace and draw a game or two that's 36 points which will be enough. Can you see QPR, Sunderland or Burnley getting 10+ points from their remaining games? Its very unlikely.
    With the way Burnley perform, I can easily see them getting three wins. They've a tough run in, though.

ReputationRep:
    IceJJFish(II) was a good poster. Why he was banned I'll never know.

ReputationRep:
    I think the bottom 3 have been set in stone for a while now. 3 went up to go straight back down, if Burnley hang on that's arguably a greater achievement than them actually being promoted in the first place.

Bournemouth, Watford & Brentford would be the ideal 3 I'd like to see move up, given anyone lower than 8th is pretty much consigned to the Championship. Derby, 'Boro & Norwich would be interesting, I feel they have good enough squads to make a real go of it in the Prem when combined with the summer strengthening that they'd do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Bournemouth, Watford & Brentford would be the ideal 3 I'd like to see move up, given anyone lower than 8th is pretty much consigned to the Championship. Derby, 'Boro & Norwich would be interesting, I feel they have good enough squads to make a real go of it in the Prem when combined with the summer strengthening that they'd do.
    Bournemouth, Brentford and Derby for me.

What's interesting is the amount of 'big' clubs in the running to get promoted. Derby, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Ipswich, Watford...it's a throwback to the early-2000s.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I think the bottom 3 have been set in stone for a while now. 3 went up to go straight back down, if Burnley hang on that's arguably a greater achievement than them actually being promoted in the first place.

Their squad is virtually the same one that got relegated last year so you'd think they'd be in a good position. It's boring seeing the same teams in the league though so i'd like to see some new teams go up, teams that haven't played United much (if at all) in recent years.

Watford, Derby & Bournemouth would be my three.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.