Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Their squad is virtually the same one that got relegated last year so you'd think they'd be in a good position. It's boring seeing the same teams in the league though so i'd like to see some new teams go up, teams that haven't played United much (if at all) in recent years.

Watford, Derby & Bournemouth would be my three.
    We'd all love Leeds back in the top flight to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Would like to see Derby, Bournemouth and Boro promoted - think they've been the standout teams so far. Hoping Boro or Bournemouth win the league.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey reckons a team will stay up with 34 points this season. He may very well be right. I'm still convinced it's a shoot-out between Burnley and Sunderland, though. Advocaat's employment was slightly bizarre and signature of Sunderland's board's decision making in recent years. Di Canio, Poyet were too appointments which both reeked of short-termism - and so was Keane, to an extent - and Advocaat probably won't be there next season.

He'll do very well to keep them up, given the lack of Cattermole and Adam Johnson's ongoing controversy. Still, he started very optimistically at Upton Park and went in with quite an attacking, offensive system. All the best to him.

I'd much rather see Dyche and Burnley stay up. From the sixth lowest wage bill in the Championship last season to potentially staying in the PL this season, it'd be a hell of an achievement.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Villa QPR on Tuesday has suddenly become a huge game for the relegation scrap.

Villa could be in deep, deep trouble if they lose that as it's hard to see them getting much from their next 5 games (away to City, Spurs & Soton plus Everton at home). Hull are in a similar predicament as they still have to play 5 of the top 7.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hull right back in trouble now. They've been woeful for so long now and, without N'Doye's arrival, they'd arguably be second bottom or worse.

ReputationRep:
    QPR
    Licestar City
    Burnley
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kollol)
    Licestar City
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who Licestar city are, but I'm fine with them going down if it means Leicester stay up.

I'm going 18th) Sunderland, 19th) Burnley and 20th) QPR. The run in has always been what will make us, we can do Burnley no problem, won the last three games there and if Newcastle can't get up for a derby, no hope of them getting up for a dead-rubber as far as they're concerned. So'tons season will be over by the time they come here, just as west hams was. Strange as it sounds with a 6 point deficit on 17th, with the games we play it's still in our hands.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I don't know who Licestar city are, but I'm fine with them going down if it means Leicester stay up.

I'm going 18th) Sunderland, 19th) Burnley and 20th) QPR. The run in has always been what will make us, we can do Burnley no problem, won the last three games there and if Newcastle can't get up for a derby, no hope of them getting up for a dead-rubber as far as they're concerned. So'tons season will be over by the time they come here, just as west hams was. Strange as it sounds with a 6 point deficit on 17th, with the games we play it's still in our hands.
    :laugh:

Looking at those fixtures, apart from the obvious one they're all perfectly winnable games. It's the perfect time of year to play teams like Swansea or Newcastle who have **** all to play for and who are already on the beach. Having 4 of the 7 games at home as well is a huge advantage.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Looking at those fixtures, apart from the obvious one they're all perfectly winnable games. It's the perfect time of year to play teams like Swansea or Newcastle who have **** all to play for and who are already on the beach. Having 4 of the 7 games at home as well is a huge advantage.
    5 of 7 games at home is even better - particularly when of them, Swansea, Newcastle and (by the time) Southamptons seasons are over - no hope of Europe but well clear of relegation. QPR at home on the final day is really good as well: QPR are hardly the most resilient of sides, going into the final day with something to play for with 30k fans behind them? QPR should wilt.

Pretty damning of the standards of the prem this season that we can have two separate three month spells of being absolutely dire and still have the level of control we have over our own survival hopes mind.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    5 of 7 games at home is even better - particularly when of them, Swansea, Newcastle and (by the time) Southamptons seasons are over - no hope of Europe but well clear of relegation. QPR at home on the final day is really good as well: QPR are hardly the most resilient of sides, going into the final day with something to play for with 30k fans behind them? QPR should wilt.

Pretty damning of the standards of the prem this season that we can have two separate three month spells of being absolutely dire and still have the level of control we have over our own survival hopes mind.
    I discounted Chelsea because let's be honest, you aren't getting anything from that. Lesta vs QPR and Villa vs Burnley looks like a fascinating 'Survival Sunday' on the last day, especially since title, top four & Europe will all have been resolved by then.

It's been quite a poor Premier League tbh. I think the World Cup has something to do with it cos 10/11 was just as bad if not worse.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I discounted Chelsea because let's be honest, you aren't getting anything from that. Lesta vs QPR and Villa vs Burnley looks like a fascinating 'Survival Sunday' on the last day, especially since title, top four & Europe will all have been resolved by then.

It's been quite a poor Premier League tbh. I think the World Cup has something to do with it cos 10/11 was just as bad if not worse.
    4 from 6 then (almost certainly not, but it's a little while away, I'm hoping they wrap up the title by then and have a case of after the lord mayors show. Probably get us a point at best, but it's still something).

Oh aye, if those aren't the televised games on the final day (I think both BT and Sky get one?) then I'd be shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Don't think it's in Swansea's nature to be on the beach tbh

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God
    Sunderland 0 Crystal Palace 4, Bolasie hart-trick.
    Pardews record with Palace this season is nuts

PS I'll just use this as a match thread.

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland- Jesus christ, hope they go down and don't come back up.

ReputationRep:
    What a win for Leicester!

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hull - Lost,
    Sunderland - Lost
    QPR and Burnley - shockingly difficult games...

GET IN!

3 points off safety, 5 home games left and the two aways being against sides down there with us. The great escape is on.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Burnley will win today, 1-0 most likely.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, we're going to go down at this rate. We've got one player with class and composure and that's Fletcher. The rest are pitiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Jesus Christ, we're going to go down at this rate. We've got one player with class and composure and that's Fletcher. The rest are pitiful.
    Tbh Adam Jonshon is pretty good too.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.