Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonborn10)
    Tbh Adam Jonshon is pretty good too.
    Oops! Should've been clearer for those that don't know who I support but I support Albion and was on about Darren Fletcher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Oops! Should've been clearer for those that don't know who I support but I support Albion and was on about Darren Fletcher.
    Lol sorry mate I thought you were talking about Steven Fletcher.
    We'll be playing you (Liverpool) in a couple of weeks so it should be interesting!

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, we're going to go down at this rate. We've got one player with class and composure and that's Fletcher. The rest are pitiful.
    Has pulis been like that for the entirety? Trying to shut up shop with 4 CBs with 20 minutes to go, in response to about 10 minutes of sustained pressure is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Has pulis been like that for the entirety? Trying to shut up shop with 4 CBs with 20 minutes to go, in response to about 10 minutes of sustained pressure is pathetic.
    At times he has. For some reason he insists on playing a back four of people who are out of position. Brunt isn't a left back but he plays there every week and it was clear Dawson was too slow on the right against Schlupp in the second half.

You guys deserved the win. You fought more for it and based on the view I had at the game you should've had a penalty near the end

ReputationRep:
    I can see Hull and Sunderland going down, Sunderland look appalling and Hull's run in is just filthy.

Leicester Burnley and QPR are improving, I can definitely see at least 2 of them clawing their way out of the relegation zone.

Hope Bournemouth, Middlesbrough and Ipswich go up, it'd be great seeing Mick McCarthy back in the pl.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I can see Hull and Sunderland going down, Sunderland look appalling and Hull's run in is just filthy.
    Yeh those two are nailed on for me, have you seen Sunderland's run in as well? I think it's safe to say they're both going down.

Stoke (A), Southampton (H), Everton (A), Leicester (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A)

I think Leicester will stay up now, 5 of their last 7 games at home, all bar one against bottom half sides or midtable dross with nothing to play for... it is just too good an opportunity to mess up. Hopefully Burnley can do it too and they can send QPR down.

If it wasn't for his illness he'd be our captain right now. Quality player on his day but unfortunately his ill health affected him, glad he's doing well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Game over for QPR I think. If they'd have lost normally, they'd still have had a chance but to have more than matched them, wasted a couple of great chances and then to lose it like that - massive confidence killer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing to think Sunderland and Hull have been so poor but they could both conceivably stay up. Damning indictment on the quality of the bottom five or six teams in the PL this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Game over for QPR I think. If they'd have lost normally, they'd still have had a chance but to have more than matched them, wasted a couple of great chances and then to lose it like that - massive confidence killer.
    One can only hope. They're a rotten little club except for Chris Ramsey - hope he can move on to better things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably the only neutral here who wants Sunderland to stay up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonborn10)
    I'm probably the only neutral here who wants Sunderland to stay up lol

Nah man Burnley & Villa gotta stay up, latter fairly safe now.

Hull/QPR (not bothered tbh, I'd lean towards Hull), Leicester and Sunderland to go down.

To come up...

Bournemouth, Derby and BRENTFORD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh those two are nailed on for me, have you seen Sunderland's run in as well? I think it's safe to say they're both going down.

Stoke (A), Southampton (H), Everton (A), Leicester (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A)

I think Leicester will stay up now, 5 of their last 7 games at home, all bar one against bottom half sides or midtable dross with nothing to play for... it is just too good an opportunity to mess up. Hopefully Burnley can do it too and they can send QPR down.

If it wasn't for his illness he'd be our captain right now. Quality player on his day but unfortunately his ill health affected him, glad he's doing well.

If you think Hull and Sunderland are both nailed on to go down then I truly have wondrous news!

Because Bet 365* are betting on relegation trebles and you can get the following prices:

Hull,Sunderland,QPR. 15-2

Hull,Sunderland,Leicester 22-1

Hull,Sunderland,Burnley. 22-1

I presume you will be placing a very sizeable bet on those especially the QPR and Burnley ones.

(I myself have started betting on one of those 2 to be bottom though I don't necessarily think they will be )

*havnt seen other bookies prices but anyway not many do this bet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)

Nah man Burnley & Villa gotta stay up, latter fairly safe now.

Hull/QPR (not bothered tbh, I'd lean towards Hull), Leicester and Sunderland to go down.

To come up...

Bournemouth, Derby and BRENTFORD.
    I don't know, maybe it's because I really like the tyne-wear derbys

Yep I agree mate I really want Burnley to stay up! I would say the same for Villa because the are a big club but they always cause us problems, especially at Anfield.

Hull and QPR will hopefully go down, I don't have a preference on the third, though as I said i'd be more than happy if Burnley & Sunderland survive.

As for the battle for the promotion, it's an epic one this year, personally I "support" Derby & Watford, especially Derby because I felt sorry for them watching last year's winner from Zamora (they were the better team that day and didn't deserve it). It should be interesting until the very last kick of the final day.

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Hull,Sunderland,QPR. 15-2
    Those aren't bad at all - QPR are goners and Hull and Sunderland both have horrific run-ins. Bit of an ask for both Leicester and Burnley to get out of it (although a win for Burnley v Hull would see them leapfrog Hull, and leicesters run-in is lovely), but as far as odds for Hull and Sunderland to fall go, those seem too long.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Generally over the last 10 years there's been a bit of a pattern. You get one club going straight back down, a club going down that's been up 2/3 seasons, and a more established club.

Fulham (established)
    Norwich (3 seasons)
    Cardiff (1st season) (Promoted 1st)

Wigan (established)
    Reading (1st season) (Promoted 1st)
    QPR (2nd season) (4th bottom previous season)

Bolton (established)
    Blackburn (established)
    Wolves (3rd season) (4th bottom previous season)

Birmingham (2nd season)
    Blackpool (1st season) (Promoted P/O's)
    West Ham (established) (4th bottom previous season)

Burnley (1st season) (Promoted P/O's)
    Hull (2nd season) (4th bottom previous season)
    Portsmouth (established)

Newcastle (established)
    Middlesbrough (established)
    WBA (1st season) (Promoted 1st)

Reading (2nd season)
    Birmingham (1st season) (Promoted 2nd)
    Derby (1st season) (Promoted P/O's)

Sheffield United (1st season) (Promoted 2nd)
    Charlton (established)
    Watford (1st season) (Promoted P/O's)

Birmingham (established)
    WBA (2nd season) (4th bottom previous season)
    Sunderland (1st season) (Promoted 1st)

Crystal Palace (1st season) (Promoted P/O's)
    Norwich (1st season) (Promoted 1st)
    Southampton (established)

5 seasons out of the last 10 that's been the "formula." The club that finishes 4th bottom has gone down the following year 50% of the time as well. The club that finishes runner-up in the Championship has fared the best, only coming straight back down twice. Play Off winners and League winners have done equally well strangely.

Attempting to apply that to next season you'd have:

One of: Leicester, Burnley, QPR/Derby (1st season)

Ruling out Burnley for the purposes of this, they were runners up after all. Impossible to call but I'll settle for the play off winners because of Leicesters resources.

One of: Southampton, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Hull (2/3 seasons)

Don't think anyone expects the first 3 to go down so it's going to have to be Hull.

One of: Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea, Villa, Sunderland, WBA (established clubs that could conceivably go down)

For the purposes of this it's going to have to be West Brom, as they were 17th last season.

So the 2014/15 relegated teams will be: Derby/QPR, Hull and West Brom. You heard it here first.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm extremely hungover and bored this afternoon and this has taken my mind off it for half an hour. Hopefully someone finds this fairly interesting.

Digging this old post out again. I want this to happen so much. :lol:

West Brom are a bit of a long shot now, but their forms taken a bit of a dive recently, and their run in is pretty dire, so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)

Hull,Sunderland,Leicester 22-1
    Ooh nice WH doesn''t have specials on that market and I have a tenner I deposited in bet365 and never used, gonna stick some on that and some on the same but QPR in place of Hull.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I like those odds but I think Sunderland will squeeze a jammy win from somewhere, 32pts should be enough to keep them up

Hull are ****ed though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    32pts should be enough to keep them up
    Amazing, really, considering West Ham went down back in the day with over 40 points.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Amazing, really, considering West Ham went down back in the day with over 40 points.
    Blackpool had 39 as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Blackpool had 39 as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And look at them now...

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.