Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Premier League relegation thread 14/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Quality is way more important in the Premier League than the Championship. If Bournemouth & Derby both went up, I'd expect Derby would do better than the Cherries.

Wigan went down on 36 & look poised to drop to League One too. So many teams fall away after relegation.

ReputationRep:
    No way on Earth anyone is staying up with 32 points.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Quality is way more important in the Premier League than the Championship. If Bournemouth & Derby both went up, I'd expect Derby would do better than the Cherries.

Wigan went down on 36 & look poised to drop to League One too. So many teams fall away after relegation.
    Middlesbrough worry me a lot given their emphasis on loanees in key positions. I actually think Bournemouth would do well in the PL. They play in a similar way to Burnley, really, and while they aren't exactly like-for-like, I can see Howe guiding them in a similar way to Dyche has at Turf Moor.

Don't get me wrong, they'd be bottom five. They may sneak a second season, though. Watford have goals in abundance in a way I haven't seen a Championship team score since Newcastle back in 09/10. Vydra, Abdi and most notably Deeney all ooze PL quality.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester lead 1-0. Amazing scenes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Don't get me wrong, they'd be bottom five. They may sneak a second season, though. Watford have goals in abundance in a way I haven't seen a Championship team score since Newcastle back in 09/10. Vydra, Abdi and most notably Deeney all ooze PL quality.
    I'm interested to see what the Pozzos will put in to Watford if they go up as well. Udinese are currently their 'main' club, but would that change once they get their hands on the riches of the Premier League?

Leicester looking like they'll stay up now. They've hit form at just the right time.

ReputationRep:
    Barnes sent off for Burnley with a 2nd yellow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Very silly from Barnes. Haven't seen the incidents, but you can't give a referee reason to book you once on a yellow. He was chatting to SSN today about feeling at home in the PL, too.

ReputationRep:
    Gardner scores, Palace 0 West Brom 2 !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yesss, Adam scores !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol Elia is ****e

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my...!!!! Crouch what a miss !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hope Toby is ok...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Andy King :love:

Off bottom for the first time since 29th November, and from 7 points off to 1 goal off in 2 weeks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Think that's Leicester staying up now. Hope they can do it, they've got the infrastructure in place to become an established Premier League side like Stoke or Swansea, would much rather have them in the league than someone like Hull or Sunderland who will only finish 16th/17th next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Andy King :love:

Off bottom for the first time since 29th November, and from 7 points off to 1 goal off in 2 weeks.
    Leicester is the best of the bottom 5 tbh, has been playing decently all season, they were just horribly unlucky. Hope they stay up, prefer them over pathetic sunderland and QPR
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    You must be pissed off mate. Commiserations.

Anyway, Leicester!! Won me some money got the score bang on. Cheers lads

ReputationRep:
    Want Leicester to stay up just because of their win against Utd.

5 times,, errr I mean 5 goals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    You must be pissed off mate. Commiserations.

Anyway, Leicester!! Won me some money got the score bang on. Cheers lads
    I don't expect anything other than disappointment anymore :emo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect anything other than disappointment anymore :emo:
    Heard something about 6 players calling in injured without the physios ever spotting it - what on earth is going on?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised Leicester may stay up. Every time I saw them when they were bottom, I was gobsmacked. They aren't the worst team in the PL by any stretch of the imagination. Great result for them today, but Burnley may regret their performance at Goodison. Barnes' red card didn't help. You can't give the ref any reason to give you a second yellow after acquiring an early booking.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.