Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am wanting some help and advice on the appropriate courses to apply for on UCAS as well as information and advice regarding entry requirements. The university websites have a lot of info which I've looked into and I have contacted uni's regarding advice but wondered if more people on here would be able to help.

I am wanting to study Pharmacy in September 2015. I am willing to study a foundation year, or an access to HE course if necessary. I am 21 years old and therefore, as far as I am aware, I would be considered a mature student.

The qualifications I have are as follows:
    GCSE's - all A-C grades, B in English, Maths, Biology, C in Chemistry and Physics.
    BTEC Level 2 First Certificate - Distinction in Business Studies, Merit in Sport.

I then went onto sixth form and studied AS Level Business Studies, English Literature, General Studies and Maths. Due to various circumstances, I left with E's in English Literature and General Studies and U's in Business Studies and Maths.

I then left and went to retake my A-Levels at college and studied AS Level Environmental Studies and Applied Science Double Award. I left AS year with an E and a U respectively.

I then undertook an apprenticeship working in both community and hospital pharmacy. I gained an NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) as well as a BTEC Level 2 in Pharmaceutical Science.

I now work full time as a Higher Level Pharmacy Assistant in an NHS Hospital Trust.

Does anyone have any experience of applying for pharmacy having been in a similar situation or can anyone clarify what I'll need to do or if I can get onto a foundation year without undertaking any more study?

The only university I am aware of that would accept me onto their foundation year is UEA, as they have contextual criteria that I currently meet (out of education for 3+ years I think).

Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a go, thanks!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.