Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now
    • TSR Support Team

With a record amount of people buying online for the sales on Christmas Day and also most likely to be people queuing outside of shops tomorrow in the early hours, will any of you be hitting the sales? Or will you be still busy celebrating Christmas with family and friends?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shop...les-begin.html

ReputationRep:
    Too busy drinking. I am still going strong and don't plan on giving up any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    70/30 on hitting the sales but I really don't need anything but I'll just go for the bargains and atmosphere I guess.

I'm always in london at Christmas and there's no better place to shop than in london!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    With a record amount of people buying online for the sales on Christmas Day and also most likely to be people queuing outside of shops tomorrow in the early hours, will any of you be hitting the sales? Or will you be still busy celebrating Christmas with family and friends?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shop...les-begin.html
    I'm going to be sitting at home crying like I did today about the fact that the thing I really wanted to get is sold out

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully doing some online shopping. Although I've found Mid Jan is when the prices drop even lower granted there is still some stock left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've already done my online shopping, spent around £70 for makeup, fragrance, bodyshop stuff :gah: Going out tomorrow, hopefully will get a coat my mum wants and a pair of shoes for myself

ReputationRep:
    Might have a browse around online to see if a see anything cheap i might want but i'm not going to be rushing to the shops or be spending hours browsing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JG1233)
    Might have a browse around online to see if a see anything cheap i might want but i'm not going to be rushing to the shops or be spending hours browsing.
    This tbh.

Never went shopping on Boxing Day and don't intend to, would be far too busy and stressful for me.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually scared to venture out tomorrow, clothing shops are an absolute nightmare on days like that.

ReputationRep:
    Just online shopping, most boxing day deals have been detailed already and some stuff I know I want

ReputationRep:
    Nah **** the sales. I'll save my money and drink the free booze around friends and families house all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'm actually scared to venture out tomorrow, clothing shops are an absolute nightmare on days like that.
    Last year I got to witness what was going by the Selfridges Boxing Day is one of the days when people unleash an animal inside them :laugh: Just avoid popular stores and you should be safe That's why I'm only going to 1 store
    • TSR Support Team

I can remember working in retail and having to work on Boxing Day and it being absolute chaos with people looking to buy bargains and at the same time return unwanted Christmas Presents. Although I imagine Black Friday is worse than anything now with it unleashing the animal in customers.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh most shops nowadays set up for sale on the night of the 23rd as nobody works late on Christmas Eve. The shops are open on Christmas Eve and all the good sale stock pretty much flies out then. Wait a few weeks and further reductions appear and that's when you can really snag a bargain
    • TSR Support Team

So did anyone venture out today?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I used to when I was working but student finance dates mean that I'm skint by the time Christmas comes around.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.