:confused:
    Laughing in agreement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    It's getting better
    awww :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    You're 'anyone who isn't communist is wrong' crap won't wash. That is not an argument, that is an arrogant back stance, based on the fact you know you cannot explain yourself, or justify why communism always results in massive slaughter of innocent lives.

Communism isn't about freedom, it is about repression. If you could have a revolution against the will of the majority, the will of the workers, you would. Because you don't actually care about people, like all communists, you only care about yourselves.
    Thud and Giliwoo are quite correct: what we see in China, Cuba, and what we saw in Russia wasn't communism. It happened in the wrong order than what Marx stipulated should be the case, the socio-political conditions were not only contrived, but they were not actually in accordance with what Marx prescribed. It's not "communism" that results in "mass slaughter", but unaccountable tyrannical governments as the engine. Communism is supposed to happen as a natural evolution of capitalist societies. The Inquisition is no more representative of the doctrines of Christ, than Castro's Cuba is of those of Marx. Go read the Communist Manifesto.

PS: I'm not a communist

ReputationRep:
    he's a commie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merovingian)
    **** off Tehjohnny. Thud and Giliwoo are quite correct: what we see in China, Cuba, and what we saw in Russia wasn't communism. It happened in the wrong order than what Marx stipulated should be the case, the socio-political conditions were not only contrived, but they were not actually in accordance with what Marx prescribed. It's not "communism" that results in "mass slaughter", but unaccountable tyrannical governments as the engine. Communism is supposed to happen as a natural evolution of capitalist societies. The Inquisition is no more representative of the doctrines of Christ, than Castro's Cuba is of those of Marx. Go read the Communist Manifesto.

PS: I'm not a communist
    Ahhh right. Communism only happens when the EXACT social conditions arise, and these EXACT things happen. Well, looks like we're lucky in that things will never be perfect for communism, because perfection doesn't happen, and idealogies do not perfectly mimic a theoretical work when put into action. You cannot blindly follow a writing, and apply it to all situations, regardless of pragmatism or realism. This is why communism fails and mutates, and will always do so. Thankfully, because I enjoy having a choice, being able to control my own life.

I do wonder though, why if the Soviet Union wasn't communist...do all political and historicals works of writing refer to it as communist. You could argue stalinism was a particular brand of communism...but it was still based on communist principles, if slightly skewed. It was still communism. Anyone who argues differently is kidding themselves, engaging in self-delusion.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh right. Communism only happens when the EXACT social conditions arise, and these EXACT things happen. Well, looks like we're lucky in that things will never be perfect for communism, because perfection doesn't happen, and idealogies do not perfectly mimic a theoretical work when put into action. You cannot blindly follow a writing, and apply it to all situations, regardless of pragmatism or realism. This is why communism fails and mutates, and will always do so. Thankfully, because I enjoy having a choice, being able to control my own life.

I do wonder though, why if the Soviet Union wasn't communist...do all political and historicals works of writing refer to it as communist. You could argue stalinism was a particular brand of communism...but it was still based on communist principles, if slightly skewed. It was still communism. Anyone who argues differently is kidding themselves, engaging in self-delusion.
    Many Historians interchange Trotskyism, Stalinism, Marxism and Communism when they are not strictly interchangeable. So cut the attitude, because you are clearly out of your depth. What we saw in Russia was a mish-mash of ersatz communist principles, though not communism per se. Communism as expounded in Das Kapital etc, is a prediction, not a prescription.

ReputationRep:
    Many Historians interchange Trotskyism, Stalinism, Marxism and Communism when they are not interchangeable. So cut the attitude, because you are clearly out of your depth.
    I'm still awaiting his answer on which "book on communism" he's actually read. Not a very good one I suspect seeing as he has no grasp of basic principles such as communist attitudes to "human nature" or the reason that historians often refer to USSR as having been "communist". And as for no difference between Stalinism and Marx's communism! LOL. aye, Marx wrote all about huge industrialisation, 5 year plans and nationalism being vital principles of communism. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Many Historians interchange Trotskyism, Stalinism, Marxism and Communism when they are not strictly interchangeable. So cut the attitude, because you are clearly out of your depth. What we saw in Russia was a mish-mash of ersatz communist principles, though not communism per se. Communism as expounded in Das Kapital etc, is a prediction, not a prescription.
    I stop arguing with ppl when they arrogantly proclaim the other to be 'out of there depth'. You just don't like what I'm saying, and assume this makes me your intellectual inferior. Note to yourself, because people do not think the same as you, does not in any way make them below you.

Communism as expounded in Das theoretical non-pragmatic Krapitalism, will never happen, because the perfect conditions shall never arise, and it seems to me for 'real communism', so called, to ever exist, the perfect social conditions would have to exist afore. And they won't, because most people are a) not communists, b) not oppressed and c) enjoy being able to decide their own destiny away from some social controller who decides where you work, what you eat, and what you are allowed to think.

Anyways, I'll let you get back to your little fantasy world in which the only person who knows anything or has worthwhile opinions is you. I'll go back to being one of the 5,999,999,999 morons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    I'm still awaiting his answer on which "book on communism" he's actually read. Not a very good one I suspect seeing as he has no grasp of basic principles such as communist attitudes to "human nature" or the reason that historians often refer to USSR as having been "communist". And as for no difference between Stalinism and Marx's communism! LOL. aye, Marx wrote all about huge industrialisation, 5 year plans and nationalism being vital principles of communism. :rolleyes:
    Why would I have read a book solely about communism, I'm not really interested in it, and I never claimed to have done so. I've picked up alot about it from various sources, and it has always struck me as ****e. If you think differently fine.

However, I would suggest that if you go through life calling anyone who doesn't agree with communist dogma a 'nationalist ****er', and treating them like garbage, you may quickly find yourself without many friends or confidants. It is not even slightly endearing. I wonder if you do that in real life though...or is TSR simply a platform for you to chuck out your own mental garbage without the fear of any real reprisal?

You have a stinking attitude, you obviously think yourself superior to the 'common man' (ironically enough, like most supposed communists), and are obviously so opinionated you go through life verbally abusing others who do not agree with you, thinking yourself safe in the 'knowledge' they are some form of nationalist racist. They must be, if they don't agree with the demi-god that is Thud.

ReputationRep:
    Thud, I'd say ignore him, because we have both tried to show him why and where he is are wrong, and I think he's now just continuing this for the sake of his injured ego, not because he has a leg to stand on. You are clearly insecure about people disagreeing with you and showing where you are wrong. You have given no thought to the idea that you may be wrong (which you are, and I know that because I have read the Communist Manifesto and other works on Communism, and by your own admission, you have not). If your "thoughts" on communism are not based on anything substantial (as you have admitted) I can't be bothered to take your disagreements with me seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Thud, I'd say ignore him, because we have both tried to show him why and where he is are wrong, and I think he's now just continuing this for the sake of his injured ego, not because he has a leg to stand on. You are clearly insecure about people disagreeing with you and showing where you are wrong. You have given no thought to the idea that you may be wrong (which you are, and I know that because I have read the Communist Manifesto and other works on Communism, and by your own admission, you have not). If your "thoughts" on communism are not based on anything substantial (as you have admitted) I can't be bothered to take your disagreements with me seriously.
    that is all very true, but I've written an answer so I'll post it.

Why would I have read a book solely about communism, I'm not really interested in it, and I never claimed to have done so. I've picked up alot about it from various sources, and it has always struck me as ****e. If you think differently fine.
    oh so you've picked it up from a bunch of different [capitalist] sources and then you end up thinking that "USSR/NK/PRC/Cuba = communist" I wonder why that could be! :rolleyes:

though that's quite a difference to your earlier claim that:
    I've already understood communism my good women, I've read extensively upon the subject.
    :hmmmm:

However, I would suggest that if you go through life calling anyone who doesn't agree with communist dogma a 'nationalist ****er', and treating them like garbage, you may quickly find yourself without many friends or confidants. It is not even slightly endearing. I wonder if you do that in real life though...or is TSR simply a platform for you to chuck out your own mental garbage without the fear of any real reprisal?

You have a stinking attitude, you obviously think yourself superior to the 'common man' (ironically enough, like most supposed communists), and are obviously so opinionated you go through life verbally abusing others who do not agree with you, thinking yourself safe in the 'knowledge' they are some form of nationalist racist. They must be, if they don't agree with the demi-god that is Thud. You stuck up little ****.
    I think myself above no one. And you were all being incredibly nationalistic with your baseless praise of this country, so what do you expect?

I also don't call anyone who "doesn't agree with communist dogma a "nationalist ****er"": I call nationalist ****ers "nationalist ****ers", I don't call people who disagree with communism anything if they have a reason for disagreeing with it after actually knowing what it is. Problem is that people like you do not know what it is, you know absolutely **** all and yet still epouse absolute crap about it which you picked up from some 3rd rate historian who doesn't know, and who hasn't cared, to find out the simple difference between Marxism and the USSR either. That's what annoys me - the ignorance and "I'm better than thou, bloody commie" attitude. Now kindly f**k off back to mindlessly asserting that Britain is great and you're proud to be British, but imo, it's about as stupid as being proud of having eyebrows.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, the warning was for avoiding the swear filter, nothing I actually said in general, and I truly don't care.

I do understand communism. The pathetic cop-out that they weren't 'really communist'...really quite sad. That is communism in action.
    No they are not communist societies; your yourself explain why in the very next phrase:
    You cannot have a society without heirarchy, without leadership. The utopian end ideal of communism would never happen,
    So well done. Communist societies are impossible yet three exist :rolleyes:

Cuba, China and NK are to varying extents social and to varying extents fascist. The one thing they are not, never have been, and never will be, is communist.

ReputationRep:
    exactly right Carl.

check out what he said via pm:
    I know this about communism. However good the intentions may be at the start, it takes no account of human nature, and that those given power at the start, are not going to give it up as the process progresses, and communism is a process is it not?
    Is it really even worth trying to explain to this prat what the communist view on "human nature" is? clearly he just has no ****ing idea about even the most basic thing, not even touching on the dialectic. and yet you said you've "read extensively on the matter" LMAO. do yourself a favour and just **** off tehjonny before you embarrass yourself further.

This country is bloody good, I'm very lucky to be born in the time and place I have been. People complain about things so much, and there's some reason to - but when you compare us to most places, or most times in the past when the poor would be peasants on farms or something... we're pretty well off. :cool:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.