The Student Room Group

why is not acceptable for women to walk around with no bra on?

Scroll to see replies

I know it's obvious, but it must be completely different to walk around with no bra in the house as it is outside....social customs just don't really apply inside the house.

Other than the "practicalities" to hide errant erect nipples, I would say that it's just western social values and pressure. Women are pressured with this weird expectation of the "perfect boobs" and stuff, which leads to the suggestion that a bra is desirable to keep them shapely.

Female nipples also have some sort of weird taboo in western society, as well, with the link made to lactation and breastfeeding...even in women who have not had a child.
I didn't realise it wasn't acceptable. I mean if you're doing exercise then yes but some clothes look better without a bra anyway.
Original post by Viceroy
I'm mostly concerned about why anyone would suggest someone rub their nipples with ice cubes...

Have you not done this yourself? It's really... cool :cool:
I wouldn't say its not acceptable but women don't because firstly movement can cause them to hurt. No support makes them jiggle all over the place and no one wants to see your nipple through your shirt. I'm one of those people who feel uncomfortable without a bra on anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TorpidPhil
Go take a freezing cold shower. You will get erect nipples.

Alternatively rub them with Ice-cubes. I also found out that having a tissue with olbas-oil on it in your shirt pocket can cause nipple erections...

you've been missing out on so much of life my friend.

Lmao, great guide on how to get erect nipples.
I dont wanna be stared at
I don't know either. I don't like wearing a bra, I only wear it for school and when I meet with friends that are not close to me.
Original post by Viridiana
I don't know either. I don't like wearing a bra, I only wear it for school and when I meet with friends that are not close to me.

I wish I could walk around with no bra. I look like a sack of potatoes without one

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have small boobs so I technically dont need to wear one too keep them up lol and I really just couldnt be bothered especially if the shirt hides my nips well. Wish nipples and boobs werent so sexualised here in the west. Maybe then I could throw most of my bras out and set my t1tties free. And I'll only start wearing a bra once they begin losing their perkiness (hopefully never!)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Dude, males get nipple erections when their nipples get cold too. In fact sometimes you just get them kind of randomly as well like if fabric rubs against them a lot...

Pay more attention to your own body! Of course on a male it's less obvious since female boobs come out more and the nipples of women are sexualised in ways that the nipples of males aren't...

I can't say I pay much attention to my nipples. If at all.
I don't wear bras sometimes, if I'm wearing like a tight vest top with a top over it (ie tops that are see through, hence the vest.) I wish I could with some other stuff, but seeing nipples through clothes isn't socially acceptable so I cant.
Reply 31
It's not -not- socially acceptable.
But it can hurt without a bra and in the rare times when I did this I felt like everyone was staring and I was so self conscious :s and yeah, the whole aspect part
Only girls with big firm boobs can do it

I don't wanna see saggy tits or as cups.
Why can't any girl do it? Surely size doesn't change it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruptured Sack
Mine don't :frown:

u need a boob job.
Original post by bittr n swt

Go away you rapist supporter. No one cares what you think
Original post by bittr n swt

LOOOOL I was just thinking this too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seventhdemon
Go away you rapist supporter. No one cares what you think

Ok:smile:
Original post by CallMeJay
LOOOOL I was just thinking this too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha sweet!
Women have to put up with the shirtless, hairy, sweaty men walking about, so why shouldn't men have to deal with women's nipples? Especially when some men have larger breasts than a lot of girls I know...

Hang on. Since when was walking about while unattractive a crime? When did breasts become the female equivalent of a penis?

Quick Reply

Latest