Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Muslim girl Christian boy Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Why should he convert. Why cant she convert. Why should he dump the morales he was brought up with
    It's in her religion as one of the rules and I said she has the right to leave her religion for him if she loves him more than her deen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It all boils down to your faith. As a Christian he should know that dating a Muslim is not for the best no matter how much he loves her unless she wants him to dump his faith for her. It is in the bible. Something like what fellowship have you with unbelievers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goobypls)
    Well to be fair they could just marry as Muslim- Christian, but i imagine the wedding could be quite awkward if parents and relatives get itch about it.
    I don't think it would work because there are two powerful conflicting faiths here. But It all boils down to how religious they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenkinsear)
    The parents are not necessarily bigots/racists. I accept there is a strong chance at least one set are, but that shouldn't be allowed to stop 2 people who genuinely get along being together. My own boyfriend is mixed race and I know my dad has some racist views, and to start with he was fairly horrified that his daughter would ever be going out with someone who was part black. Over the years though his view has changed as he's got to know him- part of it was he didn't actually know any black people so based his views on a few negative experiences many years ago. My dad even apologised to me and my boyfriend for not being more supportive in the early days, and he now probably gets on better with my boyfriend than I do!

Aw )) how heart warming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    I don't think it would work because there are two powerful conflicting faiths here. But It all boils down to how religious they are.
    Well hopefully their love for each other comes up with a solution to this.

It's always a sad day when a relationship has to be ended due to other reasons

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's so lovely , but far too often we've seen situations of parents deciding who their daughters marry and it seriously needs to stop altogether.
    I completely agree. The only way it'll stop is brave people taking a stand and refusing to go along with it, and taking a more liberal approach with their own children. Sooner or later it'll die out- as a whole I would say each generation of immigrant groups tends to become more liberal than its predecessor.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. The only way it'll stop is brave people taking a stand and refusing to go along with it, and taking a more liberal approach with their own children. Sooner or later it'll die out- as a whole I would say each generation of immigrant groups tends to become more liberal than its predecessor.
    Hopefully, for the sake of love i just hope things get better for everyone especially for OP

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, for the sake of love i just hope things get better for everyone especially for OP
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Agreed
    But then again I'll wake up tomorrow morning and watch evil run riot across the world. What has the world come to...........

Or let them be together, who are you to break a loving relationship ?
    She asked for advice so I gave it. Whats your problem? Everything I said was true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She asked for advice so I gave it. Whats your problem? Everything I said was true.
    She wanted positive advice not depressing advice.

Didn't Allah teach you how to use an apostrophe?
    He obviously didn't teach you manners

She wanted positive advice not depressing advice.
    Its the truth. Truth isn't always so happy and nice

OP if you're love is humble and true for him then the lord almighty will help you to be together. For all you know maybe in 5 years he may convert after spending so much time with you ?

Lord knows best and he will never leave you heart broken, never doubt god.
    You give the worst islamic advice. This attempt at making haram tthins seem ok and accepted by God is pathetic. Learn your religion properly.

ReputationRep:
    Its the truth. Truth isn't always so happy and nice
    You realize leaving isn't an option, do you not understand how upset and depressed she will become if she were to this. Clearly she has immense love for her Boyfriend and she can't simply break up.

ReputationRep:
    You give the worst islamic advice. This attempt at making haram tthins seem ok and accepted by God is pathetic. Learn your religion properly.
    You clearly don't understand how love works do you ???

ReputationRep:
    Didn't Allah teach you how to use an apostrophe?
    Hahaha best quote of the night

You realize leaving isn't an option, do you not understand how upset and depressed she will become if she were to this. Clearly she has immense love for her Boyfriend and she can't simply break up.
    Of course it is an option. So what. People move on from a relationship all the time. Course they're gonna be depressed but will move on with time. That's life. I wonder which one your living in.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is an option. So what. People move on from a relationship all the time. Course they're gonna be depressed but will move on with time. That's life. I wonder which one your living in.
    You realize if the relationship is strong and you break up for non-love reasons, then the lasting effects can be quite horrid. Besides OP made up her mind she's still planning on staying with her BF

ReputationRep:
    Anon pls.. Can't be getting exposed

I'm muslim, but in a relationship with a Christian. I know its haram, but I honestly don't know what to do. I really really like him,and he means a lot to me. Is this relationship futile,is there any point carrying it on. We're both 17, so this very well could be an infatuation or whatever.

Any advice?
    Do you think if you continue this relationship you will be punished by Allah?
    My advice from a non faith position would of course be to continue if he cares about you and you care about him because that is a special thing to find
    This is because I don't think on balance that there is an afterlife and that we should just live our lives well in the name of humanity and help as many people as we can. Thus your relationship with a good guy could potentially be a great step foward to a happy and fufilled life. That is how I would approach it as I not religious person- I am inclined to see people as humans first and then religions second if they are not radical. That would be my take. It's just whether you can reconcile this with your own faith/ interpretation of the Quran. Some people read the Quaran in more of a metaphorical sense that can be adapted to modern times and thus do things which some muslims would forbid and still find peace in their relationship with Allah. It's up to you. Hope this helps

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.