Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I know a few universities do these (including the one I go to, and a few some of my friends go to).. how do these compare to the actual freshers week?

Is it as crazy or do people not really bother with it? Mine starts on the first day of the new semester and lasts a week. I am praying it is as mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sixty7)
    I know a few universities do these (including the one I go to, and a few some of my friends go to).. how do these compare to the actual freshers week?

Is it as crazy or do people not really bother with it? Mine starts on the first day of the new semester and lasts a week. I am praying it is as mental.
    Oh no...it's nowhere near as mental. Where I was at Plymouth...it didn't seem so...institutionalized...as Fresher's week itself. It's just more to do with the fact that everyone's coming back for the new semester, and seeing their new uni friends after the Christmas holidays, to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to make it as mental as the last one.................

Just as civvy street is going through post Christmas/NY blues - which one might as well call antifreshers!

ReputationRep:
    It's what you make of it. Generally much lower key, IMO. I still managed to pass out two of the first three nights, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Oh no...it's nowhere near as mental. Where I was at Plymouth...it didn't seem so...institutionalized...as Fresher's week itself. It's just more to do with the fact that everyone's coming back for the new semester, and seeing their new uni friends after the Christmas holidays, to be honest...
    Completely agree with this! It's not as mental, but there'll still be a few nights out with friends; it's kind of like, we've got another instalment of student loan, haven't seen each other for a while, let's go have a few before the semester starts again :2euk48l::banana:

But I think it also depends on the university. I was in Aberystwyth and it wasn't as mad as some of my friends who went to the city, like Cardiff, Swansea and Bristol who seemed to make a really big deal out of it.

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.