Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you think you will ever want children? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which of these statements most accurately matches your position?
    I want to have children
    50.37%
    I want to remain childless
    22.22%
    I may want to have children in the future
    27.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbit1234)
    why does everyone here seem to be child hating idiots. kids are only screaming brats if u allow them to be like that and raise them that way.
    Well with that attitude you've certainly won me round. Unfortunately it's people like you that will have all the kids.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. If I ever find a girl I trust enough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I want kids once I'm married and have a fairly well paid and stable job and household.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like to, but don't really mind. Whatever my husband wants. :yy:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    My body is simply just an elaborate means to carry, protect, and transmit my genome. So yes, I want to have offspring to fulfil my evolutionary role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ITT: Immature people who believe they can make such a big life decision when they're still in their "I got an A therefore I know it all" stage.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I like kids and am fortunate enough for them not to be a significant financial burden.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    Having kids is natural. When I find someone obviously it will happen eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to have kids and start my own family. Just living with a husband for the next 40/50yrs of my life seems nice but I want to experience having and raising my own children.

Also its natural to have children, we are essentially our DNA and we live on by passing it on to our offspring.

ReputationRep:
    sure

ReputationRep:
    I certainly want kids. Coming home from work, to throw around a football, as the sun sets on a long summers day, with my kids would be amazing. The thought of being there for their Birth, for their first words, for their first day of school, is enough to turn me into a gooey-eyed mush.

ReputationRep:
    I really like children but I'm not yet sure if I want the financial burden and lifestyle change that comes with having them - although I do feel like I'd enjoy a career that concerns them (i.e. paediatrics or something).

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaning towards no. Mainly because I don't want to turn into a monster dad.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to have kids

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Maybe in the future, although I want to focus on a career more than anything else. I can't really imagine having children or even a husband/partner because it's just too weird
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I already want them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I like children. :bee2:

:xmas:

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely want them if I was a man but, as a woman, the thought of pregnancy and childbirth terrifies me. I would rather adopt but my boyfriend wants his own kids so he will probably get his way (but he has to get a full time job first!).

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.