Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you think you will ever want children? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which of these statements most accurately matches your position?
    I want to have children
    50.37%
    I want to remain childless
    22.22%
    I may want to have children in the future
    27.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I;m a low income person.

You can shove your social prejudice where the sun don't shine.
    Nonetheless, I doubt even you would choose to reduce the average income and quality of life of the whole country out of spite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Well with that attitude you've certainly won me round. Unfortunately it's people like you that will have all the kids.
    What's wrong with her attitude that means she shouldn't have kids? If you raise them well and don't spoil them they won't be bratty?! She's stating fact.

It's quite worrying how people think having kids and having less disposable income will lower your quality of life. Money doesn't bring true happiness and people should know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Nonetheless, I doubt even you would choose to reduce the average income and quality of life of the whole country out of spite.
    What a good thing it is then that such a percentage of middle class citizens remaining childless would not result in this.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely yes who else is gonna pass my genes on.
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Couldn't think of anything worse - I will change carriages on a train if a child gets on.
    Child phobic how unhealthy. You were a child once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mojojojo)
    What's wrong with her attitude that means she shouldn't have kids? If you raise them well and don't spoil them they won't be bratty?! She's stating fact.

It's quite worrying how people think having kids and having less disposable income will lower your quality of life. Money doesn't bring true happiness and people should know that.
    For some people having children would lower their quality of life, because they have no desire to have children and they would therefore be an unwanted drain on their time and money.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No I don't want children.

I'm just trying to work out how to break to gently to the kids.

ReputationRep:
    At least one more.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely want to start a family, albeit not in the near future. Thankfully, my partner feels the same way about children; it'd be a dealbreaker for me, in a relationship, if the person I was with didn't ever want to have children. Each to their own, eh? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Do you think it would be wise to have children when you already have so much trouble caring for yourself? This isn't meant to be nasty but I think it is worth contemplating.
    Well no, hence give it another decade...

I sort of meant infertility but that may be TMI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbit1234)
    why does everyone here seem to be child hating idiots. kids are only screaming brats if u allow them to be like that and raise them that way.
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skinnylove25)
    exactly
    Not wanting them yourself doesn't mean you hate them, and there are other reasons for not wanting them than because some of them are 'screaming brats'. I'm perplexed by how annoyed some people are about others not wanting kids.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not, im my condition it would be an abomination.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like children, but most say that it's different when they are your own. Either way, I think there's some people that just aren't supposed to be a parent and I know that I'm one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Most likely yes who else is gonna pass my genes on.

Child phobic how unhealthy. You were a child once.
    I don't see how it's unhealthy and I don't understand how saying "you were a child once" is decent justification for creating one.

I threw up in an airport terminal once, should I do that again at some point?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty unlikely. I'd be surprised if anything changes my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Well no, hence give it another decade...

I sort of meant infertility but that may be TMI
    Are you infertile? Good for not needing to use condoms I imagine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Are you infertile? Good for not needing to use condoms I imagine
    at present I'm having some trouble in that department, not quite the same thing but still. Your points are also applicable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    at present I'm having some trouble in that department, not quite the same thing but still. Your points are also applicable
    if I were to place a bet I'd say you're probably imagining it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlockfan)
    if I were to place a bet I'd say you're probably imagining it.
    no there have been times that I just could not get it up…PM me if you need to continue this personal discussion. Hope you've had a great Christmas so far btw mate

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.