Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What if we have a black queen/king? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting that there's such an uproar with James Bond being black; what if one day, we would have a black queen/king or a mixed race monarch. Would there be the same uproar?

I know it's not the same situation with Idris Elba but I'd like to see how this goes.

ReputationRep:
    It would be great.

I am white, and anyone who judges someone on skin colour, is simply sickening, and deserves to be transported immediately to Mars to live a life alone, reflecting on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    deserves to be transported immediately to Mars to live a life alone, reflecting on this.
    omg :lol:

I was just thinking about Interstellar just now where Anne Hathaway was all alone in some planet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    omg :lol:

I was just thinking about Interstellar just now where Anne Hathaway was all alone in some planet
    I would travel across galaxies to be with her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    I would travel across galaxies to be with her
    No you wont. Did you see how she made the decision to go to another planet just because her BF's there?

Owh, wait, probably you're made for each other
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just watch some Nollywood and you'll see :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    It would be great.

I am white, and anyone who judges someone on skin colour, is simply sickening, and deserves to be transported immediately to Mars to live a life alone, reflecting on this.
    What about the poor green people? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't welcome the day...because I'm a Republican.

However. If we were to get a democratically elected, black/mixed-race chief of state...I would hold a street party. It would be a joyous, and nation-unifying event. I hope I live to see the day.

And for the record...Rush Limbaugh's comments on a 'black/mixed race James Bond' are stupid. Stupid, stupid stupid. It's 2014. It doesn't matter what intention the writer had of James Bond, because it's not fit for the current world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Just watch some Nollywood and you'll see :moon:
    That's how I spent Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Would make no difference as the royal family do nothing but make silly speeches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now what if we had a gay, black, muslim, transvestite queen/king?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    I want to know these too! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    No,no,no as I strongly oppose it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    I wouldn't welcome the day...because I'm a Republican.

However. If we were to get a democratically elected, black/mixed-race chief of state...I would hold a street party. It would be a joyous, and nation-unifying event. I hope I live to see the day.

And for the record...Rush Limbaugh's comments on a 'black/mixed race James Bond' are stupid. Stupid, stupid stupid. It's 2014. It doesn't matter what intention the writer had of James Bond, because it's not fit for the current world.
    So you assume that there can be no black republicans? Right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Doesn't the monarch have to be protestant by law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    So you assume that there can be no black republicans? Right...
    Um..no. Of course there are black republicans in the UK....The first sentence merely hints at my hatred for the institution of the monarchy. It should end with Liz. Thus, no more kings and queens.

The second sentence flipped the script on the OP's question, to consider it in terms of democracy.

When...not if...the UK gets a democratically elected head of state, it will be a happy day. When and not if, that person happens to be black or mixed race, it will be a very happy day, and one which I very much look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    Doesn't the monarch have to be protestant by law?
    They changed it to permit a Catholic on the throne. After 400-odd years...it's nice to see some of those old boundaries finally starting to be challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Um..no. Of course there are black republicans in the UK....The first sentence merely hints at my hatred for the institution of the monarchy. It should end with Liz. Thus, no more kings and queens.

The second sentence flipped the script on the OP's question, to consider it in terms of democracy.

When...not if...the UK gets a democratically elected head of state, it will be a happy day. When and not if, that person happens to be black or mixed race, it will be a very happy day, and one which I very much look forward to.
    Oh I see, fair enough then, that's far more sensible XD

ReputationRep:
    They changed it to permit a Catholic on the throne. After 400-odd years...it's nice to see some of those old boundaries finally starting to be challenge.
    Really? I didn't know about it. Good to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    Really? I didn't know about it. Good to know.
    My mistake.

Marriage to a Catholic now would not bar someone from ascending to the throne, but they would have to still be a Protestant.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.