Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Some wont.

Just wait for the wails on the 15th/16th from those who missed the deadline or arent sure if their application was received.

You might get it (so back off) - there are many others who havn't even thought about it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneybridge)
    Some wont.

Just wait for the wails on the 15th/16th from those who missed the deadline or arent sure if their application was received.

You might get it (so back off) - there are many others who havn't even thought about it yet.
    Sydneybridge, I'm pretty sure that you've been sent to TSR from heaven and you're destined to save many a TSRian! I've seen many helpful posts by you elsewhere But for now, you may rest, and then on the 5th of January, when the masses of students have returned to school form their half-term break, you may promptly return to your honourable duties!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I'm with sydneybridge on this. Leaving it until the start of term is leaving it very tight indeed. Do it while you have the leisure at home. If you have already applied, feel free to disregard this thread, since it clearly doesn't apply to you. For the rest, the processing at the school end takes time, especially if everyone else has left it until the last minute as well. Better be safe than sorry.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    I'm afraid I'm with sydneybridge on this. Leaving it until the start of term is leaving it very tight indeed. Do it while you have the leisure at home. If you have already applied, feel free to disregard this thread, since it clearly doesn't apply to you. For the rest, the processing at the school end takes time, especially if everyone else has left it until the last minute as well. Better be safe than sorry.
    Any way for this to be made into an announcement? Bold red is what I'm thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Any way for this to be made into an announcement? Bold red is what I'm thinking
    I will have a go!

Success!!

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneybridge)
    bump
    NO need to bump, CLR has had it into a sticky in bright red!

I so don't miss UCAS

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS application has been with my college since the beginning of December, so it should be sent off sometime next week considering they just need to attach my reference.

ReputationRep:
    bump :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    11 days to go

ReputationRep:
    Going to my college on Tuesday to get it sent off....everything is done...just need to go through the application form and thats it!
    Hopefully the reference will be attached by the end of the week!

ReputationRep:
    i was hoping to finalise and send today then realised i hadnt clicked for ucas to contact my uni :/ *sigh* So frantically rang OU as i made my reference req to them 3 weeks ago and they are hoping to complete by friday. So for my own stupidity and skim reading, i have, no doubt, a few days of stress waiting for this reference to be confirmed!!

ReputationRep:
    How many references do you need for a ucas application? i thought it was two but my form has only given the the option of one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papo1489)
    How many references do you need for a ucas application? i thought it was two but my form has only given the the option of one.
    It's only one, although most schools submit references that have been written by several people and made into one reference.

ReputationRep:
    What if I have to miss the dateline, say after 15 Jan 2015? Can I still add choices after that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Estelle_68)
    What if I have to miss the dateline, say after 15 Jan 2015? Can I still add choices after that?
    Yeh you can still add choices but it's just that applicants who sent their ucas off by the deadline will get priority for offers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for reply, do I have to write to uni to ask if they accept late applicant before adding on ucas?
    My school is running late on our grades so for sure to delay application.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for reply, do I have to write to uni to ask if they accept late applicant before adding on ucas?
    No you don't have to. I think most unis accept applicants right up until near the course start date / when the course is full up
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to, but it would stop you wasting a choice. Not all unis will consider you after the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.