Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've screwed up two french speakings. The first was my fault, the second - I admit I could have been more fluent in it, but my teacher unsettled me. We only do three courseworks for each section, so even if I get an A* in the next one, I won't do well.

In history, I think I've ****ed up all three parts but I don't know for sure yet. We did all the courseworks at the same time so it was really hectic, so I didn't prepare enough.

If I asked to redo them, would I be able too? As far as I'm aware, you can do quite a few? I've got 100% in English, and A*s in all the sciences, which calms me down for the actual tests so I don't want to worry so much.

ReputationRep:
    Should be able to, depends on your school really. I remember retaking my Spanish c/w in March so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe explain your situation to a teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdeffy)
    I've screwed up two french speakings. The first was my fault, the second - I admit I could have been more fluent in it, but my teacher unsettled me. We only do three courseworks for each section, so even if I get an A* in the next one, I won't do well.

In history, I think I've ****ed up all three parts but I don't know for sure yet. We did all the courseworks at the same time so it was really hectic, so I didn't prepare enough.

If I asked to redo them, would I be able too? As far as I'm aware, you can do quite a few? I've got 100% in English, and A*s in all the sciences, which calms me down for the actual tests so I don't want to worry so much.
    I know how it feels. I am constantly worrying about my coursework and I always talk to the teacher to help me improve my grade. For example; for Edexcel German GCSE, I had a C for writing and a A for speaking which rounded off to a B. Considering there was another writing and speaking assessment I had to do, I asked my teacher if I could redo my writing before my upcoming second speaking exam. After I redone it, I got an A*. When it came time to do my second speaking assessment, I informed my teacher about my expectations therefore it took over twenty recordings (due to silly mistakes) in order for me to get another A*. So currently, my coursework is an A* (A, A*, A*) and I need to get an A* in the next writing assessment in order to maintain my coursework.

In my opinion, coursework is very important to me because if I do not do well in the exam, my coursework backs me up to some extent. Therefore, I suggest you go to the teacher of the subjects you feel that improvement needs to be done in your coursework and explain to the teacher your capabilities and how you feel that you can achieve a higher level. Usually, coursework can be edited numerous times, meaning you could re-do as much times as you want until you are satisfied with the results, you can either add to the coursework or re-do it in order to improve the grade. Ask the teacher what you need to add to increase your grade. However, to inform you, many course-works have deadlines before you can no longer change it as it gets moderated internally, so be aware of the deadlines. Additionally, please be aware that the grades you get in your coursework are a rough prediction by the teachers, each coursework that you do will then be sent to the exam board for external moderation.

Hope this helped and good luck in your GCSE's.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.