Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhadawey)
    I read on their twitter page, around 2 weeks ago. Someone tweeted them asking and they said that they don't give out direct offers. Are you sure? 😁 I'm pretty sure they don't, I'll check just in case I'm wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I recall unconditional offers, whereby they have no interview and guaranteed a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I recall unconditional offers, whereby they have no interview and guaranteed a place
    Hey man, do you go / went to woodhouse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Hey man, do you go / went to woodhouse?
    I used to go...attending the isocs alumni dinner this Sunday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I used to go...attending the isocs alumni dinner this Sunday

Nice man, how was your time there? Did you enjoy it and how did you do academically? Also did you do an interview to get in, if so what did they ask if you remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Nice man, how was your time there? Did you enjoy it and how did you do academically? Also did you do an interview to get in, if so what did they ask if you remember
    I certainly enjoyed it, first month or so is daunting as your expanding your friendship group as they have two linked schools who don't have their own 6th forms. But eventually things open up, definitely a very sociable and active kind of people attend it.

Longer days, longer classes, lots of study space, football pitch always open, huge out field.
    They copy university Wednesdays, where the day ends around lunch and afternoon is with clubs aka mandatory enrichment activities in first year.

I would say I did well in first year, slight drop in second year though, had bunched exams sadly.

Yep interview, I had Mr Morton, got given maths questions as I applied for further mathematics, also questions in regard to travel to college, university, what I wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    Bit confused here, but what's the difference between unconditional offers, conditional offers and direct offers?
    (I've got my interview on the 23rd of February too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma_SDKA)
    Bit confused here, but what's the difference between unconditional offers, conditional offers and direct offers?
    Unconditional offer is basically you have a guaranteed place, without an interview, same as a direct offer.
    Conditional offer is a place given to you with meeting certain grades and in this case after an interview

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks 👊

An unconditional offer is only given to students in exceptional circumstance that have already done their GCSEs and gained the relevant grades needed for the specified courses

A direct offer is an offer given to the student who has excellent grades and extra curricular activies and they then do not need an interview they only need to achieve a GPA of 6.0 to get their place its still CONDITIONAL

Same what

Same what times yours? With what teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateLad1)
    Same what

Same what times yours? With what teacher?
    Me too! I'm at 10 am, what times are your interviews at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on the 23rd of Feb at 9am. The teacher I've got is Tina Schaffer (Law teacher) in room 37, zone g. I have no idea where that is so I'm just gonna wing it.

ReputationRep:
    My one is with Binnaz Harris zone I, 10am. I don't know where that is either 😂 Also planning to wing it. I read on their website that she's a Psychology teacher but then I asked a student who's currently attending woodhouse and she told me that she's part of student support and stuff. So I'm a bit confused, I'm assuming that she's both a psychology teacher and part of student support 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I'm at 10 am, what times are your interviews at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Minez at 9:30am lol might see you

My interview is on the 23rd of Feb at 9am. The teacher I've got is Tina Schaffer (Law teacher) in room 37, zone g. I have no idea where that is so I'm just gonna wing it.
    Lol mines at 9:30 might seeeeee you

ReputationRep:
    Even if we see each other we wouldn't recognise one another though 😂😂 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did everyone's interviews go?

ReputationRep:
    Mine went reaaalllyyyy well! I was so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine went reaaalllyyyy well! I was so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same my interviewer was really cool

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I'm an ex-woody too (2012-2014)

I got a direct offer, so I'm not sure how helpful I'll be regarding interview advice, but if you have any questions about life at Woodhouse in general or, more specifically, studying maths, biology, chemistry and history there, then I'd be happy to answer them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.