Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ij4Z)
    How is the chemistry department? I'm doing the same as you did except instead of biology I'm doing physics
    The Chemistry department is very good and supportive. A Level chemistry is hard, but I felt like they eased me into As (which is a very big step up from GCSE). Unfortunately there's also a huge difference between As and A2, but I again felt like I was eased into it.

I'm gonna be completely honest here, there were points in A2 when I really struggled and it did look like I wouldn't make my target grade. To be fair, a lot of this was probably down to the fact that I didn't use all of the resources available (namely the tutorials on Tuesdays and Thursdays which I would highly recommend going to if you can) but my teacher was willing to help me through this rough patch and she really did help me attain my target grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanywaltham)
    The Chemistry department is very good and supportive. A Level chemistry is hard, but I felt like they eased me into As (which is a very big step up from GCSE). Unfortunately there's also a huge difference between As and A2, but I again felt like I was eased into it.

I'm gonna be completely honest here, there were points in A2 when I really struggled and it did look like I wouldn't make my target grade. To be fair, a lot of this was probably down to the fact that I didn't use all of the resources available (namely the tutorials on Tuesdays and Thursdays which I would highly recommend going to if you can) but my teacher was willing to help me through this rough patch and she really did help me attain my target grade.
    Thanks for responding, appreciate it, hope you did well in your exams.

ReputationRep:
    How was the lessons day today? I wanna know because I couldn't make it... Like what impression have the school and teachers given you?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for 2015/16 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halkyardj)
    Is anyone applying for 2015/16 entry?
    Me I am!

ReputationRep:
    I've already applied, wbu, what subjects are you thinking of taking?

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are so rubbish 3C's 3A's 2B's, my school were supposed to use my mock grades which were 3A*'s 4A's 1B, but decided to base it on my Yr 10 grades, which mainly consisted of E's F's and U's( not because I was stupid, I was just a really lazy student) do you think I' still be able to get in?
    Second question!! If its a yes to the first.
    I've actually done almost every GCSE in maths, I've only got Additional Maths left, and recieved an A* in all of them. plus I've done my core science exam and got an A. Is there a chance I could get an unconditional offer since I want to study Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics. You need a B in maths to do Economics an A* to do Further maths and a AB to do Physics. Would I get a conditional offer because I haven't done additional science?

ReputationRep:
    Getting in on those yr 10 grades would depend on the rest of your spplication and other similar applicants of those courses. What do you mean 'every GCSE' in maths I thought there was only two with two exams for each- core and additional maths? There's no way you would get an unconditional offer, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    There are other requirements above individual course requirements, even if there weren't though u still wouldn't get unconditional. U need a B in English to get in altogether as well as maths but u already have that, also u need an average of 6.0 (B) which u don't have an average as you haven't taken enough subjects already

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, and I actually meant examinations sorry to confuse you, such as foundation of advanced maths, further maths and igcse maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview email from woodhouse does anybody know who Saqib Safdar is???????

ReputationRep:
    He's a maths teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE)
    I just got an interview email from woodhouse does anybody know who Saqib Safdar is???????
    my friends have him as their maths teacher and apparently he's not that great at teaching but I don't think he's too strict. So I don't think there's any need to be worried about the interview.

(Feel free to ask me any questions about WH if you want)

ReputationRep:
    I've just been scheduled an interview for Woodhouse College on the 5th February, 9am with Vasy Thiruudaian in Room 120, Zone B. I've heard nothing but positive things about this college so I'm really hoping I get in.
    Since I chose Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and English Language, I'd like to know how those departments are.
    Also, what questions are usually asked in the interviews, and are there any further tips because I'm so nervous and don't want to give off the wrong impressions.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at the same time as you, ur interviewer is a biology teacher, the email they sent u telling U about ur interview has a whole thing on interview tips at the bottom of u scroll all the way down. They just wanna hear that ur motivated and very interested in ur subject choices. U can basically guess what they r going to ask u tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much also, good luck at your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview for the 5th February as well and I found out that my interviewer is the head of biology! What kind of questions might he ask?

ReputationRep:
    He will probably just check ur basic knowledge and check ur up for the course in terms of motivation and interest, other than that he will just ask you general interview questions.

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what Woodhouse is really like?? The work ethic? Is everyone motivated and hard-working? What is the atmosphere really like? Like REALLY?
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    my friends have him as their maths teacher and apparently he's not that great at teaching but I don't think he's too strict. So I don't think there's any need to be worried about the interview.

(Feel free to ask me any questions about WH if you want)

ReputationRep:
    Have you got an inteview this Friday?

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.