Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davinaxo)
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry about friends too much because u will still see them and even if you don't have the same free period, there would be other people in your class you would have made friends with. It's not hard to make friends at woodhouse because everyone is like-minded
    Okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloopbang)
    I took exactly the same subjects)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha might be in the same class!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm going to warn you now that chemistry is really tough at A level so you might want to consider that. If you do take it woodhouse would be a good place as the science and maths department is strong at our college. I also take economics and trust me it's fairly straightforward. Also the textbooks are definitely worth it because you will need all the help you can get as the A level spec has changed for most subjects.
    I know chemistry is quite tough but I'm prepared, well you can never really be prepared for A Levels... thanks for answering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevels124)
    Aha might be in the same class!
    Ahaha, that would be cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys i attend woodhouse college so if anyone wants to ask about the college let me know
    I was wondering how do the school days work. Will I be coming in everyday? Will there be times where I will only be at college for half the day?

I'm sorry if these questions seem stupid, I just wanna know how the school works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE)
    I was wondering how do the school days work. Will I be coming in everyday? Will there be times where I will only be at college for half the day?

I'm sorry if these questions seem stupid, I just wanna know how the school works
    These questions are not stupid dw it solely depends on your subjects. Sometimes you will finish early and other times later but remember you will have free periods as it is not like GCSE. Also on Wednesdays everyone finishes at 1.30 because after that you have enrichment activities (like university style)

ReputationRep:
    These questions are not stupid dw it solely depends on your subjects. Sometimes you will finish early and other times later but remember you will have free periods as it is not like GCSE. Also on Wednesdays everyone finishes at 1.30 because after that you have enrichment activities (like university style)
    Thanks for answering!!!
    Btw what subjects do you study

ReputationRep:
    Hey, could I just ask what the teachers are like? Are they kind and do you feel as though you can go to them if you need help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabel_a)
    Hey, could I just ask what the teachers are like? Are they kind and do you feel as though you can go to them if you need help?
    Yeah the teachers are nice and they are willing to help you out if you approach them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE)
    Thanks for answering!!!
    Btw what subjects do you study
    I study English literature, Politics, Economics and history

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    This question is aimed at anyone really, as I'm looking for opinions.
    I've been given an offer from woodhouse which I am grateful for obviously, but there is this new sixth form which has opened at around Tottenham Hale called Harris Academy which I have also gotten an offer for... but I am torn between the two and if I get good grades I don't think I'll be able to decide which one to go to as I am really indecisive. If you were in my shoes what would you do? I know woodhouse has a good reputation, is very popular and has a good pass rate, but eventhough Harris is a new sixth form they also have high requirements likewise woodhouse, and since it's new it might be better? I'm not sure ;/ What's woodhouse like? is it a good college and would I be missing out if I don't go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rgrxnde)
    Hi guys.
    This question is aimed at anyone really, as I'm looking for opinions.
    I've been given an offer from woodhouse which I am grateful for obviously, but there is this new sixth form which has opened at around Tottenham Hale called Harris Academy which I have also gotten an offer for... but I am torn between the two and if I get good grades I don't think I'll be able to decide which one to go to as I am really indecisive. If you were in my shoes what would you do? I know woodhouse has a good reputation, is very popular and has a good pass rate, but eventhough Harris is a new sixth form they also have high requirements likewise woodhouse, and since it's new it might be better? I'm not sure ;/ What's woodhouse like? is it a good college and would I be missing out if I don't go?
    I am in the exact same situation as you are! I've been accepted into Harris Westminster which is also new but as it is partnered with the private Westminster School and many students have Oxbridge offers, it is already quite a good school and they ask for higher grade requirements than woodhouse. I am leaning towards Harris, because when I went for the Woodhouse interview I just lost the initial excitement I had for the school, but through the selection process for Harris my excitement grew! I literally have to just go with my gut feeling and it's telling me Harris!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateLad1)
    Does anyone know who Malcolm Kaplan is from woodhouse college? I have an interview with him
    Oh i know who he is ...he is so nice

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind me asking why you lost excitement for woodhouse? And yeah exactly, Harris is partnered w sm good universities and looks really good. I asked some of my friends and they said why would I wanna go to a college that's new as I wouldn't know their success rate or how they teach or their reputation, but at least with woodhouse a large majority of people are saying its a really good college and that if you're given an offer you should take it :/ btw if you're sure about choosing Harris then good luck c:

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind me asking why you lost excitement for woodhouse? And yeah exactly, Harris is partnered w sm good universities and looks really good. I asked some of my friends and they said why would I wanna go to a college that's new as I wouldn't know their success rate or how they teach or their reputation, but at least with woodhouse a large majority of people are saying its a really good college and that if you're given an offer you should take it :/ btw if you're sure about choosing Harris then good luck c:
    I don't mind I went to the interview and the atmosphere was quite dull at woodhouse, and my interviewer seemed so uninterested it was really disappointing, yet Harris was the opposite. However, Harris Westminster is also new and the first set of results only come out this summer but judging from the selection process, where all the teachers at Harris graduated from, and how 96% of the students have offers from Russell group universities (apparently) the school can't be too bad. And thank you, good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do well at whatever sixth form you decide to study at.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind I went to the interview and the atmosphere was quite dull at woodhouse, and my interviewer seemed so uninterested it was really disappointing, yet Harris was the opposite. However, Harris Westminster is also new and the first set of results only come out this summer but judging from the selection process, where all the teachers at Harris graduated from, and how 96% of the students have offers from Russell group universities (apparently) the school can't be too bad. And thank you, good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll do well at whatever sixth form you decide to study at.
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that that must've been annoying. Tbh both my interviews for woodhouse and harris were pretty great - both interviewers were really warm and welcoming, and the atmosphere was great too so it's so hard for me to decide ;/ and thank you btw what a levels are you choosing?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that that must've been annoying. Tbh both my interviews for woodhouse and harris were pretty great - both interviewers were really warm and welcoming, and the atmosphere was great too so it's so hard for me to decide ;/ and thank you btw what a levels are you choosing?
    You've got a tough decision! I've picked Chemistry, Maths, Biology and Economics but not too sure about Biology what about you?

ReputationRep:
    You've got a tough decision! I've picked Chemistry, Maths, Biology and Economics but not too sure about Biology what about you?
    I picked Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and English Language. Apparently Chemistry is really tough but I need it for what I want to do in the future. Why are you doubting picking Biology? Imo that's the easiest of the sciences.

ReputationRep:
    I picked Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and English Language. Apparently Chemistry is really tough but I need it for what I want to do in the future. Why are you doubting picking Biology? Imo that's the easiest of the sciences.
    It is the easiest but most boring I'm thinking of swapping it to Physics. What do you want to do in the future?

ReputationRep:
    It is the easiest but most boring I'm thinking of swapping it to Physics. What do you want to do in the future?
    Oh okay. I wanna do pharmacology or criminology as an alternative. How about you?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.