Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do they react to that? I hear some lock the doors..
    Do they get really mad if you are late? Like does it affect the attendance? or is it possible to get kicked out cuz of that?

(i know it may sound silly but its just a question)

ReputationRep:
    Erm...my teachers don't really like it when your late but they won't go mad, teachers hardly ever shout at sixth-formers.
    It does affect your attendance at our school, but Im not sure by how much.

If I was more than 20 minutes late I wouldn't turn up though as that would be quite unforgiveable, but that's only happened like twice throughout Year 12 and 1/6th of Year 13.

ReputationRep:
    different for different unis. At mine if you are late/absent for more than 2 in a row you get reported to the dean, though they were a bit more flexible with that in the first year.

ReputationRep:
    Some lecturers don't like it and make a point of saying so,others ignore it.

It really winds me up when people are late to lectures etc!

ReputationRep:
    I had a lecturer last year who would lock the doors, and some who would just watch you. Most are like 'hurry up sit down' and leave it at that... wouldn't recommend being late in the first place though!!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I was talking about Sixth-form lol!
    Wake up sol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    different for different unis. At mine if you are late/absent for more than 2 in a row you get reported to the dean, though they were a bit more flexible with that in the first year.
    deyum haha then i'd better start comming on time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sol89)
    Sorry I was talking about Sixth-form lol!
    Ah ok, this should be in the Sixth form discussion area - here

At my Sixth form, did a register every lesson, so unless you were absent for the day (and form tutor knew) your parents were called up asking why you weren't there!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    In mine she just turns them away after 5 minutes. LOL a hobo walked into our lecture the other day, waved at us then got walked out by security!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveLawStuuuudent06)
    In mine she just turns them away after 5 minutes. LOL a hobo walked into our lecture the other day, waved at us then got walked out by security!!
    I got pulled out the window of a pub by a hobo the other day.

that is my hobo related story.

ReputationRep:
    It does vary, I know that some unis are making students sign contracts and some are introducing a clocking in system. At newcastle there is a policy of random registers, but that would only affect students that did not turn up. All I would say, is that latecomers become noted, especially if it is a small group

ReputationRep:
    Yeh group size is very relevant. My lectures have 200 people in sometimes so they wouldnt bother with a register

ReputationRep:
    Well at my uni there are no breaks between teaching periods so there are always late people because you can't be in two places at once if you've got one class after another.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on lecturer and university.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, depends.

Invariably they all get agitated by it though, because it means they have to keep stopping and starting and it adds time on at the end.

I know some who, if you walk in late, tell you to get out. Nice.

Others give you a public berating.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I have one lecturer woman who whenever anyone is late she kind of barks 'sit at the front'
    and also like we're at school frequently says 'put your hands up if you want to answer my questions'
    i thought all that was over...

ReputationRep:
    happens alot, no reigsters are ever taken. Though people are rarely more than 10 minutes late.

ReputationRep:
    In chem they lock the doors. I know b/c my BF (at the time) had a quick makeout session after being impatient waiting in line to go in, so we got back to find the chemistry lecturer had locked us out!! That was annoying lol, anyway he let us in eventually with a warning. Also I normally would not have done that but the guy I was seeing at the time had a high distinction (85+) average so it doesn't count :cool:

In biology you can walk in any time you want, but with labs yeah they tend to get irritated and really - tbh it makes sense to be early.

Be early, don't be late! I learnt the hard way in first year, much more efficient to be early, if not on time. I'm telling you, it makes studying a whole lot easier and trust me I'd know right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveLawStuuuudent06)
    :rofl: We had three male streakers come in once in sociology, now that got us all talking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    :rofl: We had three male streakers come in once in sociology, now that got us all talking!
    LOL quality

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.