Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Can any band get better than Arctic Monkeys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Seen them live twice!!

Amazing experience both times! My favourite song is 'Do me a favour' of FWN

ReputationRep:
    Alex is so rock n' roll that he censored his own speech at the Brits :lol: I can't take them seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Alex is so rock n' roll that he censored his own speech at the Brits :lol: I can't take them seriously.
    Thank you very f much for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    Yes. They're musically rather poor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure is srs
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oasis.

But Arctic Monkeys are second.

505 <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yes.

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yes.

:rock: yeah MetallicA ftw!

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... ............
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Joy Division. Need I say more?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Oh man Alex's speech at the Brits will always be remembered. It was a WTF moment. I don't even know what to say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEAN!)
    Oh man Alex's speech at the Brits will always be remembered. It was a WTF moment. I don't even know what to say!
    It seems like once again you had to great me with goodbye
    I'm always just about to go and spoil the surprise
    <3

ReputationRep:
    I do like Arctic Monkeys alot. For me I preferred their first album compared to their latest one. It had a tone of fearlessness and attitude, whereas I feel like Alex Turner's image has become slightly artificial, and he's going along with the stereotypical rocky look and way of behaving on stage. I think they've changed alot! Especially when you compare the newest and oldest album., which isn't a bad thing , but I preferred them before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    No.
    Compelling reasoning.

(Original post by Tomsta)
    :rock: yeah MetallicA ftw!
    I genuinely don't think there's a more electric live act out there. They're just incredible. Gunna take our lass to Leeds fest for the day to see them as she's never seen them before. :yep: :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    is this a joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musejames93)
    is this a joke?
    Srs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    I do like Arctic Monkeys alot. For me I preferred their first album compared to their latest one. It had a tone of fearlessness and attitude, whereas I feel like Alex Turner's image has become slightly artificial, and he's going along with the stereotypical rocky look and way of behaving on stage. I think they've changed alot! Especially when you compare the newest and oldest album., which isn't a bad thing , but I preferred them before.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. Alex has become a bit of a prat.

ReputationRep:
    They have of late got so bland there are a lot of bamds, both past and present that surpass them I'm terms of musical quality, lyrics etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    Yeah I totally agree. I love them, and seeing them at Finsbury in May may have been just about the best thing ever, but I'm not actually that big a fan of their new stuff. I think it's good that they've changed, its just not as engaging for me. For me they're kinda that band that I'll always love and will always be my 'favourite band', even though I don't necessarily choose to listen to that often.. They are amazing live though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    the smiths, radiohead, the beatles, oasis, etc
    I like you're thinking. Which eras though? Oasis has to be first two albums (obvious but true), for Radiohead I think The Bends and OK Computer are my favourites, again kinda obvious choices but true.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.