ReputationRep:
    Hi,

A bit of background:
    2nd year undergrad at a semi-target studying a Finance degree
    Currently on year abroad in China
    Learning Mandarin - intermediate level at the moment
    260 UCAS points
    Couldn't apply to spring weeks due to grades and doing a 4 year course

I want to go into M&A once I graduate, however the biggest problem is my UCAS points which is stopping me from applying as most want 300+. I'm learning financial modelling in my spare time and attending networking events.

What would be the best route if any into M&A for me?

ReputationRep:
    Keep networking, official route in probably isn't going to work for you. You want to work out there in Asia or come back to the west?

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I went into IB a couple of years ago having studied Economics & Chinese @ Nottingham Uni.

Are they really that caring about UCAS points? If it's just something on the website then ignore it and apply anyway. And don't worry about your university either, they take a real mix. Keep trying and sell your positives (Chinese is a real easy-to-sell competency)

W

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.